Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wish me luck. I try to turn my Kahr into a Glock.

Site Supporter
    The Glock 21 is, IMO, one of the greatest .45 pistols there is. Enjoy it!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I have posted this before, but I picked up a police trade-in 21 upper, threw it on my 20 frame and was able to shoot neck and neck with some very nice 1911's including Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, and a SA TRP. They were more accurate for sure, but the 21 was right there with them.

I agree that they are easy shooting guns. My 30 SF is another winner.

Congratulation on your new gun and I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it!

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Attachment 91529

I feel the cash I ponied up was well worth it for a brand new, Gen4 Glock 21. Quite an upgrade.

Only one mag through it so far, but I will rectify that this weekend. Seems quite accurate so far.

I already call it my Orthopedic .45. With the large backstrap, recoil impulse is about like a typical alloy 9mm TDA. Marshmallow-y and slllllow. That double recoil spring works! 4th Gen trigger is definitely nicer than the 3rd Gen on the g20 that inspired me to buy it.

Oddly enough, it's also my first new handgun purchase, ever. Only took a few days before my 49th!!

It's a complete old man's gun. I am very happy. I'm putting some giant, luminous sights on it. Other than that, keeping it box stock.

(Can't waste pennies since I now have a bizarre desire for a slim Glock next--a "if .380 is great, is 9mm a bad idea?" post is probably in my future)

Thanks to all who gave me advice in my thread asking about the G20 vs. G21!

Happy birthday to me!!![

ETA: I did have to drop my asking price after awhile, but only by $100. Crazy prices for Kahr .45s are still around. If anyone has one to sell, I would do it now.
    Don't think I've ever heard a bad word about the 21 Gen 4. That's one Glock really did right. Enjoy it.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Oh just STOP

So I can't help but notice many G20/G21 fans also adore some form of G30.

I'm intrigued by the possibilities as a future carry gun.

But bizarrely enough, another voice head in my head wants a G43x.

Uh oh.

Forgive me, Gods of the Wheelgun, for I have sinned...
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

I’ve no sound reason at all to add a G30 to my world…and yet I crave one every time I even see it in print. If they come out with a 30.5, I may quit caring that it doesn’t make sense and buy one anyway.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Well you pulled me back in with the comments about the Glock 30. I have two (30 SF's) and think they are biggest sleeper in the Glock line. Mine are very accurate, soft shooting, and conceal reasonably well. The 10 round magazines fit my biggish hands and the 10 round capacity is great for states where that is a factor. If you combine all those attributes with Glock reliability you have a real winner. They are definitely something to take a hard look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I’ve no sound reason at all to add a G30 to my world…and yet I crave one every time I even see it in print. If they come out with a 30.5, I may quit caring that it doesn’t make sense and buy one anyway.
    I'm trying to wean myself off Glocks, down to just two G19s (one a commemorative), a G44, and a G26 that's my "kayaking" gun. But, I'm with you, if Glock would make a Gen5 G30 MOS, I'd be on it like a fat kid on cake...

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    So I can't help but notice many G20/G21 fans also adore some form of G30.

I'm intrigued by the possibilities as a future carry gun.

But bizarrely enough, another voice head in my head wants a G43x.

Uh oh.

Forgive me, Gods of the Wheelgun, for I have sinned...
    I like my Glock 21. I LOVE my Glock 30. The 9 round mag conceals almost as well as a 26, the 10 round feels like a Glock 19 and I have the 13 round mag in my pocket for a reload. The gun shoots soft and is way more accurate than it should be for a $500 plastic pistol.

Sleeper is the best term for it. I think the gen 3 30SF is quietly the best gun glock makes and nobody talks about it because it’s a 9mm world now.

User Tag List