Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wish me luck. I try to turn my Kahr into a Glock.

Wish me luck. I try to turn my Kahr into a Glock.

So to get the G21 of my dreams, I need to sell my Kahr. I looked up prices on Gunbroker, and found one at $750(!) and another at $450, both used.

I paid $250.

Crazy market, and I am crazy enough to try to see if I can squeeze most of a G21 out of the CW45, it's holster, and a spare mag. Consignment, then my LNGS keeps that as a down payment and orders me what I want.

🤞
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Check G.B. item numbers:

908492682 Check this one soon.

I have no connection to any of these items and no connection to the G. B. site other than as a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    So to get the G21 of my dreams, I need to sell my Kahr. I looked up prices on Gunbroker, and found one at $750(!) and another at $450, both used.

I paid $250.

Crazy market, and I am crazy enough to try to see if I can squeeze most of a G21 out of the CW45, it's holster, and a spare mag. Consignment, then my LNGS keeps that as a down payment and orders me what I want.

🤞
    Were you checking completed auctions, or currently running auctions? Looking at completed auctions sorted by bid count...seeing anywhere from the low 3s to the mid-4s for new ones, as a selling price. Most of them seem to be under 4...

Site Supporter
    Most of what I see now are mid 500 and higher.........

Don't confuse current running auctions for market prices...you need to check completed auctions. Current auctions might have been there for months at those prices and not moved.

Edit - oh you're looking at Glocks...never mind - my post above was for the selling price for Kahr CW45s
    Last edited by Evil_Ed; 08-19-2021 at 11:14 AM.

Good luck!

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Were you checking completed auctions, or currently running auctions? Looking at completed auctions sorted by bid count...seeing anywhere from the low 3s to the mid-4s for new ones, as a selling price. Most of them seem to be under 4...
    Have you seen the pic of the reload-ruined Python I posted?

This gun is going on sale at the shop where that gun was sent for repairs.

The owner of that gun was fine with just buying another old Python to replace it.

I can always lower the price, but I'm aiming high to start with. Many doodes in my local area get all emotional about .45 ACP in a price-positive way.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

In the mean time....

One option, if available, would be to find a retailer (local and online) with a G21 and a layaway option. It might make acquiring a G21 more affordable. I've used that option at times. I too like the G21......have a gen 3. Seems like the 21's as well as most other Glocks are becoming more available with a wee bit of downward pricing.

Good luck on your acquisition. Hope it works out for you sooner than later!

So I had enough chutzpah to put my CW45 on sale, with 2 mags and a leather OWB holster for $550.

LNGS has put out several back-orders with suppliers for a G21.

I found putting a higher price on it than the used G19 with "chainmail" stippling amusing.

Time to hurry up and wait.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Kahr, one holster, and one 1911 mag that fit it =66% of the way there

Name:  IMG_20220707_173615_MP.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  37.1 KB

I feel the cash I ponied up was well worth it for a brand new, Gen4 Glock 21. Quite an upgrade.

Only one mag through it so far, but I will rectify that this weekend. Seems quite accurate so far.

I already call it my Orthopedic .45. With the large backstrap, recoil impulse is about like a typical alloy 9mm TDA. Marshmallow-y and slllllow. That double recoil spring works! 4th Gen trigger is definitely nicer than the 3rd Gen on the g20 that inspired me to buy it.

Oddly enough, it's also my first new handgun purchase, ever. Only took a few days before my 49th!!

It's a complete old man's gun. I am very happy. I'm putting some giant, luminous sights on it. Other than that, keeping it box stock.

(Can't waste pennies since I now have a bizarre desire for a slim Glock next--a "if .380 is great, is 9mm a bad idea?" post is probably in my future)

Thanks to all who gave me advice in my thread asking about the G20 vs. G21!

Happy birthday to me!!![

ETA: I did have to drop my asking price after awhile, but only by $100. Crazy prices for Kahr .45s are still around. If anyone has one to sell, I would do it now.
    Last edited by Baldanders; 07-14-2022 at 04:51 PM.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List