Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winchester SXP Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Thank you, Lon. I understand now.
    It’s unfortunate, really. I’d run a 1301T as a patrol long gun all the time if I could. One of my SWAT guys is buying a LTT 1301 and I’m gonna see if I can get him permission to run it on SWAT. If the Chief goes for it I may get one myself.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    If the Chief goes for it I may get one myself.
    You should get yourself one anyway, even if it's not for work... It's that good.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    You should get yourself one anyway, even if it's not for work... It's that good.
    It’s on my wish list. Maybe I should sell off the last of my 5.45 ammo to fund it.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

State curriculum only does pump action shotguns. There aren’t many agencies in OH using semi-auto shotguns. I have a feeling they’ll disappear entirely from the basic academy within the next 5-10 years and be replaced by rifles.
    In that case, I'd lean heavily toward the Mossberg 590/500 or Benelli SuperNova. The only thing that makes me not recommend the Nova is the inability to change LOP without a hacksaw.
    I actually kinda prefer the control layout of the Mossy to the 870.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    In that case, I'd lean heavily toward the Mossberg 590/500 or Benelli SuperNova. The only thing that makes me not recommend the Nova is the inability to change LOP without a hacksaw.
    I actually kinda prefer the control layout of the Mossy to the 870.
    Our Academy Commander bought 5 Mossy 500s. Talk about the biggest pieces of shit in the world. Awful. I had to put a piece of tape on the stocks with hold over info for slugs. The safeties were so bad we stopped using them. They all went back to the factory after we got done at the range.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Our Academy Commander bought 5 Mossy 500s. Talk about the biggest pieces of shit in the world. Awful. I had to put a piece of tape on the stocks with hold over info for slugs. The safeties were so bad we stopped using them. They all went back to the factory after we got done at the range.
    Bead sight guns, or something different?

Quote Originally Posted by 167 View Post
    Bead sight guns, or something different?
    Bead sight.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Bead sight.
    All the bead sighted Mossy’s I have used shoot way high. Why Mossberg hasn’t done something to correct that like Remington did is beyond me.

Any updates on these? One of the local chain stores has them on sale for $279 which is inexpensively tempting.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by 167 View Post
    All the bead sighted Mossy’s I have used shoot way high. Why Mossberg hasn’t done something to correct that like Remington did is beyond me.
    Yeah they haven't figured out that you need a pedestal under the bead on a shorter barrel, despite years of people saying so.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

User Tag List