Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson (re)enters the pump gun market

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    The biggest issue with box mag shotgun shells is rim lock. Because the shells have a rim you have to be very careful about how the magazine is designed to prevent that and either no one is interested or no one can figure out how to do it reliably.

Ironically a drum mag or I guess I should say something along the lines of a giant revolver cylinder might work but that's going to be a cumbersome magazine to carry and reload.
    Never had a problem with this in my Saiga.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I think we should mandate a PPsH in every household.
    My Slavic ancestors agree wholeheartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Where we at with mag-fed shotguns?

It has been a number of years ago but I messes around with a Saiga quite a bit. The gun had some strong points but the biggest failing was the magazine. To clarify I found that leaving a loaded mag in the gun would deform the top shell from pressure against the bottom of the bolt carrier. Once deformed the top shell would not feed. This meant constant rotation of the top round. Not a huge deal but not ideal either.

Do the mag-fed 870s and etc have the same issue?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I've got a Saiga, and it's a beastly action competition shotgun- but I'd pass on it for anything defense oriented. Capacity is not what I really need in a defensive shotgun. My experience mirrors yours, leaving a mag loaded and in the gun deforms the top round. Plus, the mags are huge and bulky. I haven't seen rimlock, but I've never messed with drums, either.

A fun gun, a powerful competition tool, but to me, mine is not a defensive weapon.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Having babysat a Saiga 12, the larger cap mags just feel huge and unwieldy, a long heavy awkward thing hanging off the bottom.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

14.5" LOP is garbage juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    You secure that shit Hudson!
    After a full day of passive-aggressive polite business gibberish, this forum is a refreshing breath of cigar smoke-filled air.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    14.5" LOP is garbage juice.
    Wow... And with no feasible way to shorten it I presume. That's garbage juice on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    After a full day of passive-aggressive polite business gibberish, this forum is a refreshing breath of cigar smoke-filled air.
    Hey Sarge you can get lip cancer smoking those?

Report to Bay 12. Grab some cornbread on the way.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

An honest to goodness better choice. Let me introduce you to a personal friend of mine: Nerf Ltd Aliens M41-A Pulse Rifle

Name:  Nerf_LMTD_Aliens_M41_A_3_4.0.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  61.8 KB
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Meanwhile, a local gat store had some trade-in S&W 3000s with wood stocks for between $250-$300 depending on condition…
    So, for $600 and a roll of gaffer’s tape, you could have a double-double that’s easier to reload and enough money left over to pay for a shotgun class.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List