Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson (re)enters the pump gun market

Smith & Wesson (re)enters the pump gun market

https://youtu.be/zdWMTjaOYDA

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I don't understand this category of shotgun. I'm not trained on defensive shotguns, and maybe that's why.

I find it amusing when designs first get put out by Kel-Tec get re-made at a higher quality and price point by other manufacturers. The controls appear more well-thought out than the KSG, but I'd go for a 870 or 590 SBS way before this if I wanted a short pump action.

Sure, this gun give capacity, and in spades, but that doesn't seem as important in a defensive context, and pumping is slow in a competitive context. The MLOK slots on the handguard looked like they might have been steel inserts into that big plastic forearm, which is good. I still get the heebies watching video of people slamming vertical-forearm "bullpumps" (thanks, James Reeves, for that word) back and forth so close to the muzzle and without handstops.

I do have a dumb, sci-fi video game looking shotgun with my Saiga-12, and it's fun to drag that thing out to matches, but I've never relied on it as a defensive weapon. This S&W seems unsuited to competition shooting, because even for the capacity, the reloading looks real slow.

I wish S&W well, but I don't understand why this gun is what attracted investment dollars.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I don't understand this category of shotgun. I'm not trained on defensive shotguns, and maybe that's why.

I find it amusing when designs first get put out by Kel-Tec get re-made at a higher quality and price point by other manufacturers. The controls appear more well-thought out than the KSG, but I'd go for a 870 or 590 SBS way before this if I wanted a short pump action.

Sure, this gun give capacity, and in spades, but that doesn't seem as important in a defensive context, and pumping is slow in a competitive context. The MLOK slots on the handguard looked like they might have been steel inserts into that big plastic forearm, which is good. I still get the heebies watching video of people slamming vertical-forearm "bullpumps" (thanks, James Reeves, for that word) back and forth so close to the muzzle and without handstops.

I do have a dumb, sci-fi video game looking shotgun with my Saiga-12, and it's fun to drag that thing out to matches, but I've never relied on it as a defensive weapon. This S&W seems unsuited to competition shooting, because even for the capacity, the reloading looks real slow.

I wish S&W well, but I don't understand why this gun is what attracted investment dollars.
    Gun companies exist to make money, not guns.

Regardless of its workability or viability, I'm sure they'll sell a metric tone to the YouTube commandos and the Fortnight crowd. The Judge still sells big for Taurus after all.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Ugh...

It sure would be nice to see a company offer a quality conventional pump shotgun with a 18-20" barrel, and a full length mag tube, to compete with the Mossberg 590/590a1 series. Thanks to import restrictions, and Remington's woes, Mossberg has a monopoly in this area right now. The market is wide open. Hopefully, Roundhill will be smart enough to market the 870 Police Magnum to the civilian market, and increase QC on the Express lineup.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Regardless of its workability or viability, I'm sure they'll sell a metric tone to the YouTube commandos and the Fortnight crowd. The Judge still sells big for Taurus after all.
    ...which S&W also jumped on with the Governor.

Meanwhile, still no key-hole free N-frames.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

No 9mm J- or K-frames either.

No 10mm M&P, but I doubt those would sell as well as this "bullpump".
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

A J frame 9mm with moon clips would be nice. Instead we keep getting 357 J frames. Ouch.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    A J frame 9mm with moon clips would be nice. Instead we keep getting 357 J frames. Ouch.
    I shot a co-workers 940 back in the early 90s and found the recoil excessive for my taste. At the time I enjoyed shooting 125 grain magnum loads from my SP101. The 940 seemed like a good idea as we carried 9mm pistols at the time but it didn’t seem to last long in the S&W lineup.

As James said at the beginning of the video, there’s more to come from S&W in the very near future and the M&P12 isn’t the best of it.

User Tag List