Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My "@" (mention) function seems to be broke?

Site Supporter
    @RJ

Bueller?

ETA: Works fine for me.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    @RJ

Bueller?

ETA: Works fine for me.
    That works! But that appears to be a different set of vBulletin code (I assume it's vBulletin code?) as in that the above is a "member" tag with a direct link to "me", not a "mention" tag, which as far as I know is what appears when you "@" a member, like so: @RoyGBiv

Edit to add: This is a screen shot of the above post in my post editor:

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  23.3 KB

"The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

In my last post, the forum did not auto-generate the mention-tag for me. So I figured out how to do it manually. Might be too much of a bother, but just in case anyone cares:

The way the mention -tag appears to identify the person mentioned is by a member number. This number is part of the URL for that persons profile page. For example, my page is https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?2619-That-Guy and therefore my number seems to be 2619. So to mention me without auto-generating the tag you would type:

Code:
    [ mention =2619]That Guy[/mention]
    Without the spaces inside the brackets. (And I expect you could type anything you wanted between the tags, if you wanted to.)

Or at least this seemed like it worked, when I tried it.

User Tag List