Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cartridges You'd Like to See Invented or Developed

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    We've talked about dead cartridges we'd like to see revived.
    But what are some you'd like to see invented or developed?

I'd like to see something in a .32 rimless, that pushes a 110/115 grn bullet to a usable velocity- kind of a modernized .30 Pederson/ 7.62 French Long.
    So much this.

I'd also like to see a rimless 16ga or 20ga shell with a rounded nose and a stiffer case material, something ideally designed for feeding out of box magazines.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    So much this.

I'd also like to see a rimless 16ga or 20ga shell with a rounded nose and a stiffer case material, something ideally designed for feeding out of box magazines.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/53k6i7qJLAmeR1LR7

From the link earlier. 12 gauge though.

I myself would be happy just for Federal to offer a reduced recoil Flite-Control loading in 20 ga. Or Tru-ball slugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    It's not in this site, but I did have an idea a few years back for an AR-10 analogue to the .300 Whisper/BLK notion, using a .358 Win case necked up to take 9.3mm bullets. I figured you could go as low as 185gr with some of the South African antelope projos, up to 320gr Woodleigh solids if not higher.

Then I found out some German company already made it, called 9.3x51mm Roedale. They apparently love the 9.3, as they've wildcatted it into everything from 7.62x39mm cases up to .338 Lapua cases...

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    https://images.app.goo.gl/53k6i7qJLAmeR1LR7

From the link earlier. 12 gauge though.
    Yeah, I know we Americans love our 12-bore, but I think 20ga or 16ga makes a lot of sense, kind of like 9mm vs. .45 these days. We just need FliteControl goodness in those gauges.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    I myself would be happy just for Federal to offer a reduced recoil Flite-Control loading in 20 ga. Or Tru-ball slugs.
    From your lips to the gods' ears.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC

Site Supporter
    Yeah, I know we Americans love our 12-bore, but I think 20ga or 16ga makes a lot of sense, kind of like 9mm vs. .45 these days. We just need FliteControl goodness in those gauges.
    Especially in a box magazine where where you pay a much higher price in magazine size /length due to the width of the shells and height of the shell stack.

In tube mags you just don’t gain as much in form factor of the gun which I think helps explain the popularity of the 12.

I do think there could be an argument made though for a standard size shorter shell that is designed to operate at what we consider “reduced recoil”, like the aguilla’s, but not Aguilla. If we we could get mini actions to go with mini shells that would be a pretty compelling little blaster; in 16 or 20 gauge it would be like the Winchester ‘92 of shotguns.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Especially in a box magazine where where you pay a much higher price in magazine size /length due to the width of the shells and height of the shell stack.

In tube mags you just don’t gain as much in form factor of the gun which I think helps explain the popularity of the 12.

I do think there could be an argument made though for a standard size shorter shell that is designed to operate at what we consider “reduced recoil”, like the aguilla’s, but not Aguilla. If we we could get mini actions to go with mini shells that would be a pretty compelling little blaster; in 16 or 20 gauge it would be like the Winchester ‘92 of shotguns.
    Bingo.

It's long been a dream of mine to see the technological advancements in 12ga social ammo translated into the little 20ga. 20ga 870s are just soooooo light and handy and lively.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC

Bingo.

It's long been a dream of mine to see the technological advancements in 12ga social ammo translated into the little 20ga. 20ga 870s are just soooooo light and handy and lively.
    I'm just now finishing setting up my 12ga 870 for the HD role, and am now (im)patiently waiting for 20 ga parts to start reappearing so I can do the same for my dads old 20 ga Wingmaster. Though it will be set up more as a general purpose woods gun than strictly HD.

I know people have had little luck just getting more non-00 buck FC out of Federal, so 20 ga 'tactical' loads from them is a pipe dream absent a major shift in the market, but you would think the relative success of those mini-shells would show there is a market for lighter, low recoil options.

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Reminds me of the 365tsw

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Never heard of that one, so I am assuming that you are referring to the .356 TSW and ''365tsw'' was a typo?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

User Tag List