Thread: TLG's Endurance Tests

Site Supporter

TLG's Endurance Tests

I spent some time this weekend looking over Todd Green's endurance tests again, specifically these two threads:

Gen4 Glock 17: https://pistol-training.com/archives/6885

HK P30 LEM: https://pistol-training.com/archives/2668

Just between these two pistols he shot over 160,000 rounds. One hundred and sixty thousand rounds. With diligent record keeping, objective shooting analysis, humor and enthusiasm.

I know these posts are from the archives, but damn. I've been in a bit of a shooting slump lately, and his discipline, skill, and dedication to training education are as inspiring now as when I first read them.

If you are relatively new to the site and maybe not familiar with the origins - or even if you are one of the originals - you might want to check out his posts.

Agreed. I find myself re-reading one or the other of the tests each year. I see the site was changed up a bit recently and the drill section disappeared. That's unfortunate, as it was a great resource. Hopefully it returns.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Same. I picked up a p229 and it's reestablished my want to train. Most of that motivation came from his posts and experiencing new guns.

There are a lot of things I miss about the “old” P-F. Lots of screen names I don’t see anymore that contributed so much. Lots of things from back then that still form a backbone of my philosophy.

Todd’s endurance tests were very informative, and I wish he was still around doing them.

Given the small sample, the evaluations were honest, independent, and offered a unique and valuable perspective.

I miss TLG, much like I Pat Rogers...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List