Thread: Sad news---Ronnie Dodd

Sad news---Ronnie Dodd

Lee Weems shared the sad news that Ronnie Dodd passed away after being injured in a utility vehicle rollover accident today. I met Ronnie at his range a couple of months ago. Great guy and prayers for his family. An ambassador for the shooting community.

So sorry to hear this.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Terrible. Really sad to hear this, my condolences to family and friends.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Student
    I had read many good things about him on here, and heard good things about him from others in person who had trained with him.

Dang, I met him at Bill Rogers' course and he was a great guy. Really enjoyed him. RIP. Thoughts and prayers for the family and friends.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Ronnie was a great guy, met him at Rogers and talked with him on several occasions. We keep losing good experienced people.

I knew Ronnie Dodd from having been to Rogers Shooting School over the years. He was a “presence”there, encouraging to students and supporting the program.
    He was a recent cancer survivor, and moved on from Rogers to setting up his on program which followed the principles and program that Bill Rogers pioneered. He had a smaller Rogers range setup next to his home in Tennessee. He had other businesses, but training was an avocation with him, and he worked at it. This is where he died, according to reports, in an accident involving an ATV overturning and resulting in fatal injuries. I take some solace in that he passed on doing what he really wanted to do.
    Life threw a couple of good punches at him, but he did not complain to my knowledge. He worked to give good folks superb skills to fight with. We are truly diminished with his passing. I do not know what will happen to his school at this point.
    Rest In Peace, Ronnie. Thanks for all you did.

I was there when it happened and will post something later. Ronnie was a good friend and a mentor over the years. I can’t believe this happened. You just never know from one minute to the next what can happen. RIP Brother Dodd.

Very sorry to hear this. I met Ronnie when we attended Rogers school a long time ago. I think it was the first time there for both of us. We kept in touch for a bit, then kind of dropped off each others radar. Great guy. RIP Ronnie and peace to those you left behind.

User Tag List