Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crimson Trace red dot

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Industry sources.

The only difference in appearance is the shape of the shroud. Look beyond the cosmetics of the shroud and the fact it's an SMSc with a SIG shroud on it is obvious. Look at the emitter area, molded in rear sight, controls etc.
    Not sure. The Romeo Zero has MOTAC and my Shield RMS and RMSc units do not — seems like a significant difference.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not sure. The Romeo Zero has MOTAC and my Shield RMS and RMSc units do not — seems like a significant difference.
    As well as RMS having a light adjusting sensor while the Romeo does not.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I forgot I already have a 2.0 optic ready in the safe with an Aimpoint brand plate attached. I had to leave the P-1 behind when I retired last month, and I’m going to try to get a P-2 as soon as I can.
    I also handled some pistols at the ATEI booth at the OTOA vendor show in June, I’ll probably send them a couple 2.0 slides, one each in 9 and 40.

Well, some info but not a lot.

A week plus ago, CT ran a product launch/media event at Gunsite and I ran the range for it. It was focused on their RAD (Rapid Aiming Dot) line. I have to hand it to their marketing people - they went full 80s, with banners, stickers, etc landing squarely on Miami Vice and Valley Girls. All total the line consists of ten optics. They've got red or green dots; micro, full-size pistol, or carbine mounted versions; two footprints - Dr/J Pt now & RMR to come.
    They also had two light/laser products for pistol and carbine.

Unfortunately, we did not get very high round counts but we were trying to run them through both pistol and carbine work as well as indoor & outdoor simulators in day & night evolutions. Whew.

This is the second media event I've run down there. Unlike Bushnell's last year, when a friend & currently working cop was trying to dent or break an optic, I didn't see anyone abusing them.

The lead engineer was there but I didn't get as much interaction with him as I'd have liked to have had. For now, based on the little I saw, I'm not sure where I'd put it.

The friend mentioned earlier had his ct lose zero after a few hundred rounds more so roundcount was less than 1k but over 500 (rough estimate as he doesn't do any sort of round count or performance tracking). It was running on the factory mounting solution and the screws were still tight upon removal.

He isn't a very squared away shooter and was throwing them all left with vertical dispersion, which is fairly frequent for him, but a bit more low/left than normal. We simply chalked it up to his shooting for most of the session but he starting using high right holdovers and putting them where they needed to be mostly.

Out of curiosity I grabbed it and sure enough it was about 4" left on a 1" paster @ 7 yards. He didn't care to mess with it any longer and we put a chpws plate and 407c on it.

Not a particularly helpful anecdote for those interested but personally I would save the $100 and get the Core without the ct and put a dot of choice on.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

User Tag List