Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crimson Trace red dot

Crimson Trace red dot

Does anyone have much experience with the CT dot? I see S&W is offering a package with the 2.0 compact and the Crimson Trace dot. I’m planning on getting a spare 2.0 compact anyway so I thought about getting this package.

I have them on a M&P9 Gen 1 and 642. Very useful in my opinion & the M&P is probably the best host in semi-autos. Highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I have them on a M&P9 Gen 1 and 642. Very useful in my opinion & the M&P is probably the best host in semi-autos. Highly recommend.
    I may be wrong but I believe he is referring to the crimson trace red dots rather than lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Does anyone have much experience with the CT dot? I see S&W is offering a package with the 2.0 compact and the Crimson Trace dot. I’m planning on getting a spare 2.0 compact anyway so I thought about getting this package.
    My shooting buddy bought the 5" pc with ct dot. So far it's held up fine for approximately 500 rounds. It's small and I personally would rather replace it with something that I trust but I think he's going to continue running it until it breaks. For the $150ish premium over a version without it, it seems like an ok placeholder but I'd rather take that money and apply it toward a better dot and run irons until then. It looks like a rebranded sms and shield seems to be a split opinion on quality in the shooting circles I follow from the shadows.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Yes thank you. I meant the red dot sight. I have a laser grip for the original M&P-I’ve not tried to see if it fits the 2.0 yet. I wondered if the CT RDS might make a decent practice red dot to work with to see if I’d want to invest in a better duty grade RDS.

This time next month I'll be able to give a much more detailed response.

My co-worker and I ran a Hartman red dot class yesterday. His Crimson Trace on his M&P had the glass crack the 2nd time he racked it against a steel target. He wasn’t being overly aggressive either. Aside from that, the dot maintained zero and did fine for 1200 rounds over the last 3 days. The glass broke about 200 rounds into our three day training.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

Quote Originally Posted by 3-7-77 View Post
    My co-worker and I ran a Hartman red dot class yesterday. His Crimson Trace on his M&P had the glass crack the 2nd time he racked it against a steel target. He wasn’t being overly aggressive either. Aside from that, the dot maintained zero and did fine for 1200 rounds over the last 3 days. The glass broke about 200 rounds into our three day training.
    Tell him to shoot those steel targets not pistol whip them! Kidding aside, I am glad Aaron does that in the Sage videos, but I cringe every time I see it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    My understanding is that like the SIG Romeo Zero, it is a rebranded Shield RDS from the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    My understanding is that like the SIG Romeo Zero, it is a rebranded Shield RDS from the UK.
    I have not heard that about the Romeo Zero, and it appears different than Shield products -- what is the source for this?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have not heard that about the Romeo Zero, and it appears different than Shield products -- what is the source for this?
    Industry sources.

The only difference in appearance is the shape of the shroud. Look beyond the cosmetics of the shroud and the fact it's an SMSc with a SIG shroud on it is obvious. Look at the emitter area, molded in rear sight, controls etc.

User Tag List