Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta 92 Recoil/Hammer Spring Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Yep, you're good across the range. The Beretta slide doesn't have a lot of mass to it compared to other designs so frame battering typically isn't a thing. I have one particular 92 that's currently over 50k rounds with a standard weight recoil spring and a 13 pound hammer spring. All the loads fired have been in the +P range and there are no issues to report.

Forget the Shokbuff, it's a gimmic that may tie up your gun.
    Sounds good. I’ll toss the shock buffs.

Over 50k rounds on a standard alloy frame 92 that’s impressive. I’ve read of several going 50-100k rounds with regular recoil spring changes.

I’ve been comparing the slide and frame between the 92FS and steel frame 92X Performance. The 92XP is overbuilt. I can’t imagine wearing it out in my lifetime. Not just the Brigadier slide but the frame and frame rails seem noticeable thicker and of course made of carbon steel vs aluminum alloy.

I’m going to have a LTT Trigger Bar, Match Hammer, Chrome Silicon Trigger Spring, and Wilson Combat Extra Power Extractor Spring installed in the 92XP.

Be careful mixing parts. There is a thread on another forum where the LTT bar did not work w/ the Beretta match trigger. You just need to function check different combinations to be sure they will work together.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Be careful mixing parts. There is a thread on another forum where the LTT bar did not work w/ the Beretta match trigger. You just need to function check different combinations to be sure they will work together.
    Thanks for the heads up. I’ve got a good gunsmith doing the install. I’ve seen several people use the Beretta Match Trigger with LTT trigger bar. In addition, LTT sells 92XP with a trigger job and LTT Optimized Trigger Bar installed.

User Tag List