Thread: RFI: Dryfire magazine

Site Supporter

RFI: Dryfire magazine

Title says it all - I was going to pickup one of these for dry fire training and it seems they have a spring kit that can increase the tension to 10 lbs. I think it’ll be pretty suitable for the training group for the strength training piece.

https://www.dryfiremag.com/product/dryfiremag-g9x19-2/

That being said I knew a guy I did Jiu Jitsu with that broke two. Any first hand experiences with durability? Also, is it pretty straightforward to adjust the trigger tension? It’s kind of sparse on details on what’s in the spring kit. I’m assuming multiple springs that are color coated to indicate weight (it mentions a small card included).

Disclaimer: the guy that broke two - it wasn’t a huge surprise knowing the guy, but still I figure $100 is $100.

Thanks in advance!
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    Title says it all - I was going to pickup one of these for dry fire training and it seems they have a spring kit that can increase the tension to 10 lbs. I think it’ll be pretty suitable for the training group for the strength training piece.

https://www.dryfiremag.com/product/dryfiremag-g9x19-2/

That being said I knew a guy I did Jiu Jitsu with that broke two. Any first hand experiences with durability? Also, is it pretty straightforward to adjust the trigger tension? It’s kind of sparse on details on what’s in the spring kit. I’m assuming multiple springs that are color coated to indicate weight (it mentions a small card included).

Disclaimer: the guy that broke two - it wasn’t a huge surprise knowing the guy, but still I figure $100 is $100.

Thanks in advance!
    Was he using them for reload practice? That’s not the intended use.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    Was he using them for reload practice? That’s not the intended use.
    Knowing the guy that would make sense - it was a conversation in a parking lot about a year and a half ago. He moved away. I figured just ask here.

I looked at the design and figured ask, but we’ve got a pretty good membership here and folks have tried them? Have you used it at all?

I’m not defending the guy - I just figured folks here may have insights.

ETA: Typically, I’m not very judgemental of people and kind and we were good friends.

But this guy regularly would like try to Uchi Mada a white belt on their head as hard as he could. When we rolled the “always be ready to defend yourself” had to be strobing in your head. If you told him you had an injury (I always asked that when rolling. If somebody had a wrist injury, neck issue, ribs hurt, etc. I wouldn’t attack that area - he totally would. Knew a guy had an ankle issue - immediately goes for a leg lock - lol. He started coming back down to earth before he moved, but man… he should’ve been banned from the gym.)

It was kind of a running joke “Oh man what happened to so and so?” “Well, they were rolling with Tom… (Eye roll)” “Ah I gotcha”.

I welcome input.
    Last edited by BWT; 08-12-2021 at 04:58 PM.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    I got some feedback.

I’m doing it!

Amazon answered my question about springs.

ETA:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KWG2W74...62PFRSCZ79XMYK
    God Bless,

Brandon

User Tag List