Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Modlite Pistol Light

Having not handled or have any experience w the modlite PL350 I have a hunch the light is not in fully completed form. The Torx head screw attachment? Am I missing something? One reason I dig the TLR1 and 7 is the coin slot to tighten/loosen. I’ve heard from several people the modlite switches loose their tactile feel after use? In fairness I haven’t used this light so I cannot provide critique, but I’m going to hold off a while before possibly purchasing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Squib308 View Post
    The Torx head screw attachment? Am I missing something? One reason I dig the TLR1 and 7 is the coin slot to tighten/loosen.
    Big difference (at least compared to the TLR-1) is that the light does not need to be removed from the pistol to access the battery. Is there a need to mess with the screw once the light is installed? Maybe only for an occasional detailed cleaning.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Having not handled or have any experience w the modlite PL350 I have a hunch the light is not in fully completed form. The Torx head screw attachment? Am I missing something? One reason I dig the TLR1 and 7 is the coin slot to tighten/loosen. I’ve heard from several people the modlite switches loose their tactile feel after use? In fairness I haven’t used this light so I cannot provide critique, but I’m going to hold off a while before possibly purchasing one.
    That's a more annoying thing about the tlr1, after several holster draws it is always loose

I have had two since July and no problems at all with them. I’ve done at least 5K switch activations with my training gun and something like 2000 with the carry one. The Torx screws are one reason they are as slim as they are, and I have personally had no issues with them at all.

My personal opinion is that there have been issues, and current social media norms are to blow these out of proportion, but there have been a few issues- just as there have been with X300’s. A small proportion compared to the thousands in service now.

has anyone investigated whether this fits on an HK 45C, which has a short rail?

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    has anyone investigated whether this fits on an HK 45C, which has a short rail?
    Unfortunately it does not. I don't think you can make a custom key either with the position the slots on the light.

I'm hoping the Cloud Defensive light fits, but I'm very doubtful given the HK45C's poor track record with weapon lights.

any discussion yet about these lumens and candela measurements? seems below 1000 lumens and 49000 candela is the average on the 3 specimens they tested.

https://www.lowlightdefense.com/modl...w-many-lumens/

Quote Originally Posted by overton View Post
    any discussion yet about these lumens and candela measurements? seems below 1000 lumens and 49000 candela is the average on the 3 specimens they tested.
    That's still a metric butt-load of output in a compact light, especially if its durability and reliability remains unquestioned.

I remain an advocate of hand-held only, but if I were to clamp a light onto a pistol this is the one I'd use.

Regardless of the actual output, my (three) PL350’s eclipse my (also, three- one 600-lumen and two 1000 lumen) X300U’s by such a wide margin there is absolutely no comparison.

The X300’s have become (operational) ballast on my USPSA and SCSA CO and Production pistols.

I’ll put it like this. On a sunny day, at this time of year (or even back in August), when the RO asks you to prove your light is operational, you have to put a piece of paper or something in front of the X300 to show it’s working. With the PL350, you just shine it on the sunny ground downrange- and it’s obvious it’s on.

Not hyperbole or a joke- I have had to do in two separate matches in the past 45 days. The times I have run the PL350’s it was obvious it was working, but I had to use paper (don’t want to flag the muzzle with a hand, after all) to show the X300 was on.

None of the three Modlites have had any issues, at all. One (with the OKW head) a on VP9 with comp gets carried daily and the other two (identical to my carry pistol, but with PLHV2 heads) get wrung out at the range twice a week. One of those two lights also occasionally get carried on my HK45 Tactical or a P30L, for holster compatibility with my Floodlight.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Archer1440; 12-01-2021 at 02:59 PM.

Resurrecting an old thread looking for feedback on durability.

I’m apparently cursed my guns and lights…. I’ve broken multiple Glocks, and an AR, broke a Vortex Crossfire, broke 3 X300s, a TLR-1 and TLR-7…. And had issues with a PL350 in two ways on me.

My first PL350, the locking ring which holds the lens in place came loose (didn’t break the light, just kept coming back loose). Then the rocker switch slowly started to die. Eventually, when pushing the light switch on the left side down with my support thumb, the light wouldn’t come on at all.

I sent the head and body back, and was sent out a new complete light. Switching seemed better, no more mush this time, and the head wasn’t loose. Fast forward 3 weeks, and now I’m noticing significant flickering and dimming with the light. Flip it on, again pushing down on the left side, and I get some flickering. Touch the switch and now I get dimming. Happens in various other switch positions as well.

Does anyone else have durability issues with their PL350? The output on this is amazing compared to my old pistol duty lights. I work mostly afternoons into evenings, so a bright light is something I’m pretty interested in. Up until these issue I’ve been happy with the light. Modlight has offered excellent customer service, I’d just rather not be needing it.

User Tag List