Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Modlite Pistol Light

A photo I found online that helps show the PL350's overall size.

Site Supporter
    What I'm most interested in is the new head described here as "coming soon"

https://www.rooftopdefense.com/produ...charger-black/

No need for a pistol light, but I want it for a shotgun.

The Modlite pistol light is rad. I’m a fan of pressure switches, but if one has to use toggles these are the best. I’m glad they went without momentary because it jives with our training on how to use a WML and the modularity when/if a compact head is developed is gonna be cool too.

It uses an 18350 battery that is replaced by removing the head so it doesn’t need to come off the gun.

I am all for more quality American choices but for those that have used the light what makes it so great over what is currently out there?

Sucks they could not keep a x300 u footprint.

I feel some people in social media make it seem like a game changer. But sadly that’s how it goes nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I am all for more quality American choices but for those that have used the light what makes it so great over what is currently out there?

Sucks they could not keep a x300 u footprint.

I feel some people in social media make it seem like a game changer. But sadly that’s how it goes nowadays.
    Speaking as a side observer who has only played around with a Plhv1 and the OKW, the "game changer" aspect of it is because of the higher candela. This results in a light that is much better suited to punching through photonic barriers such as fog, ambient light, and tinted windows for example. Also at reaching out much further distances to allow for better PID, such as determining what is in a suspects hands. It also creates a much more intense wall of light from the other side of things which is much better at incapacitating eyeballs.

Site Supporter
    While I'd prefer the option of a momentary switch, lack of one wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I find I usually leave the light activated for several seconds, often when going one-handed.

Personally I think the need for momentary is somewhat overblown. Turn the light on. Identify and engage threat. Then what? Turn the light off and move laterally? Why not keep the threat illuminated until you know for certain what his condition is?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    A photo I found online that helps show the PL350's overall size.
    That's a huge honkin light.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    That's a huge honkin light.
    For those of y'all in the T&A Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/9299...9414039161968/

Most relevant pic, but there's a couple more in the thread:

All pretty irrelevant to me in terms of pistol use; no laser, no sell.

I was told that they do fit Safariland holsters designed for the X300U, that this was a very important design parameter.

Also, it's over an ounce heavier than the X300U, both with batteries.

Thanks @Default.mp3

Not as big as I was picturing from that photo then. I thought it was even bigger than the X300.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List