Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Modlite Pistol Light

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    What I found with the metal rail key I received was that it fit extremely tightly to the optic body. So much so that I used the provided bolt to place the key directly straight down into the slot. I may have tapped it with a mallet. Given the varying tolerances that are out there, I could absolutely see one not fitting.

I also had a switch arm snap off on my PL350. Overall I like the light, but I am disappointed to have it go down twice.
    Yeah, I’m tracking. The metal one I got would not fit, unless I fitted it to the light.

I’ve also snapped off switch arms on the light.

Customer service at Modlite is fantastic and the design and speccs on the lights are top tier, but the durability has been less than ideal….

I imagine the tight fit was an attempt by Modlite to reduce play and thus reduce damage from a sloppy fit.

I'm sure the Cloud Defensive guys are taking notes on the shortcomings.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    I'm sure the Cloud Defensive guys are taking notes on the shortcomings.
    One thing CD is definitely taking is "their sweet damn time", lol. Their pistol light was supposed to be out this time last year. When/If it's ever released and it lives up to their hype it will be worth it but the increasing delay leaves me skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    One thing CD is definitely taking is "their sweet damn time", lol. Their pistol light was supposed to be out this time last year. When/If it's ever released and it lives up to their hype it will be worth it but the increasing delay leaves me skeptical.
    Many of these smaller manufacturers are under-capitalized.

I think there's a company lesson from them on announcing too soon. The pistol lights were announced well before the MCH and REIN 2 and it was surprising to see the other products announced and released on a shorter timetable than the pistol lights. I know they say they're "not using customers to beta test" and that the switching is the issue and has to be perfect, but I don't think we're all doing to agree on what perfection is anyway.

Either way, hope it's coming.

User Tag List