Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This followed me home yesterday.

Site Supporter

This followed me home yesterday.

Name:  A5179528-B535-41D3-B610-FA0E00CEE367.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  35.0 KB
    I have been looking for a no lock 442 for quite some time now.
    Found this one at Dominion Outdoors in Fishersville, VA during a day trip to Staunton for lunch and shopping with the Bride.
    Range day today.
    25 rounds fired. Kept most in the black of a B8 center at seven yards. The black on black sight picture combined with a black bullseye caused me to shoot three just above the black.
    Flipped a fresh B8 on its back and fired four rounds of my small hoard of Winchester Ranger Bonded to check POA.
    Need to get the paint out for the front sight.
    No issues except the stock rubber grips hate speed loaders. Trigger slightly gritty at the end of the stroke.
    I suspect it will smooth out nicely like my 442-2 has over the years.

Bread and butter Smith and Wesson! Good shooting and I love the 442, Smiths' most carryable J frame, for my money. No gimmicks, no frills, no fancy metals, just a go along J frame.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I am a fan of the Sile grip, usually available on fleabay.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Very nice. I have one just like it but have my eye on a 340 or 340PD. The little J frames are addicting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Bread and butter Smith and Wesson! Good shooting and I love the 442, Smiths' most carryable J frame, for my money. No gimmicks, no frills, no fancy metals, just a go along J frame.
    If they made the 340 M&P in .38 only and shaved some off the price I would likely bite for nothing else than the enhanced front sight.
    Can’t imagine shooting .357 in any J Smith, much less the flea weight models.

Deputy G23: I have fired a total of 5 357 158 grain JHP Federals through a 340. That's enough! That was in 2001.

442s are like that one buddy you can call on, no matter what time it is, day or night. He is that guy who will come tow your butt out of the snowdrift, or haul you home when your car breaks down. Just a reliable old friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Deputy G23: I have fired a total of 5 357 158 grain JHP Federals through a 340. That's enough! That was in 2001.
    Me too! And around the same time. I borrowed one from a local gun store employee who was quite happy to share the "experience", lol.
    I'll say that it wasn't horrible but it was quite bracing... It seemed like a great way to induce flinching if that's your thing. My biggest take-away however was that no matter how immune to recoil one became the shot recovery time with one handed shooting was miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    442s are like that one buddy you can call on, no matter what time it is, day or night. He is that guy who will come tow your butt out of the snowdrift, or haul you home when your car breaks down. Just a reliable old friend.

You can't post a knife that well-designed and adorable when it is out of production. The jealousy is straining my heart.

I had no idea that they were out of production. I have had that thing for a long time and in fact had misplaced it for a number of years, only to recently find it again. Neat little thing and quite handy. Perfect lightweight and practical companion for the 442, especially for days when I am simply working from home.

User Tag List