Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: TAU Development Group/SCD Contact?

Maybe if we revisit the discussion about jet fuel and steel he will come back...

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Maybe if we revisit the discussion about jet fuel and steel he will come back...
    And springs, don’t forget to bring springs into it.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    And springs, don’t forget to bring springs into it.
    Jet fuel can't melt steel magazine springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    Jet fuel can't melt steel magazine springs.
    That’s just what they want you to think.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

So in these times where SCDs are unobtanium, would it be possible to open up the lower right notch on a Pre-Gen 5 SCD with a file to make it compatible with a Gen 5? Or is there some other difference that would prevent this from working? I'm getting out of Gen 4 and have 2 Gen 1-4 SCDs the Gen 5 SCDs I want are out of stock.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    So in these times where SCDs are unobtanium, would it be possible to open up the lower right notch on a Pre-Gen 5 SCD with a file to make it compatible with a Gen 5? Or is there some other difference that would prevent this from working? I'm getting out of Gen 4 and have 2 Gen 1-4 SCDs the Gen 5 SCDs I want are out of stock.
    If the trigger bar (?) distance/retraction is not identical, could be very bad.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

^ I did it and it works fine. I opened the right side notch with a cutoff wheel on a dremel. No big deal IMO.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I miss @Tom_Jones 's posts about how striker triggers work. Dude has deep knowledge.
    Dude is scary smart. Like National Labs Nuclear Engineer smart. 😜😝I like having him for an acquaintance....

pat

Site Supporter
    Mas Ese Ce De por favor.

Actually Tom would probably be the guy who could finally design a proper Glock manual safety. Since Glock can't do it.

Look forward to Tom visiting this thread, and I have to say again that I am glad he's well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SMJayman View Post
    Hey All, does anybody have a contact at Tau Dev? I have a Gen 5 SCD that died, and was wondering if there was any warranty for this product?

Have you heard back on the warranty issue yet?

User Tag List