Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: TAU Development Group/SCD Contact?

I talked to the guy selling them on ebay and he seems legit. It is possible he has taken over the inventory of SCDs and is selling them now? I asked if he was going to carry gen 5 or slimline and he stated that he doesn't know if he can get them from the manufacturer.

Any way he separates himself from selling? Instead simply supplies a seller? Maybe a job related issue. He can own and manufacture but not sell product? This is not the first a gov employee has had to cut ties with social media etc if this is the case.

No clue. Just throwing shit out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    I talked to the guy selling them on ebay and he seems legit. It is possible he has taken over the inventory of SCDs and is selling them now? I asked if he was going to carry gen 5 or slimline and he stated that he doesn't know if he can get them from the manufacturer.
    NO. His are trash copies that do not work right.

Tom should be commenting soon.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

Thank you for commenting. I have zero standing but the math didn't add up there.

I have no personal interest in this matter at all, and don’t use a SCD, but (with all respect to the poster) I do find it hard to reconcile this comment with the seller feedback of the guy selling them on ebay. Is it possible that this type of feedback is somehow gamed or faked?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That would be interesting to see. He hasn't responded to many emails sent by myself and others. I'm happy to purchase from Tau because I need a few, but the guy on ebay says they are real and has good seller feedback. I'd really like to know what's going on and get a few slimlines if Tom is still in business...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    I have no personal interest in this matter at all, and don’t use a SCD, but (with all respect to the poster) I do find it hard to reconcile this comment with the seller feedback of the guy selling them on ebay. Is it possible that this type of feedback is somehow gamed or faked?
    Look at his store. How many of his sales since he started selling his "SCD" are his "SCD" versus other tchotchkes?

How many of his sales since 2001 (the SCD was only introduced a few years ago) do you think are SCDs? How many of his customers do you think are doing a functional evaluation of the parts they receive at the level that the creator of the SCD would do?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Look at his store. How many of his sales since he started selling his "SCD" are his "SCD" versus other tchotchkes?
    20 something fake gadgets, if I'm reading right.

Having bought several Gadgets direct from Tau/Tom, and hoping that they will still be available in the future, I can't fathom buying one from a random e-bay seller. I hope whatever is going on with Tom resolves itself in a positive fashion, and he continues selling them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    That would be interesting to see. He hasn't responded to many emails sent by myself and others. I'm happy to purchase from Tau because I need a few, but the guy on ebay says they are real and has good seller feedback. I'd really like to know what's going on and get a few slimlines if Tom is still in business...

A quick google search found a thread on glocktalk that indicated the eBay ones were made out of aluminum. And since Tau did try to lower the cost and have MIM SCD’s made in China to lower the cost unsuccessfully, it’s likely there is now an aluminum eBay bootleg version most likely made from China.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    A quick google search found a thread on glocktalk that indicated the eBay ones were made out of aluminum. And since Tau did try to lower the cost and have MIM SCD’s made in China to lower the cost unsuccessfully, it’s likely there is now an aluminum eBay bootleg version most likely made from China.
    I guess nothing is sacred, at this point.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List