Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: TAU Development Group/SCD Contact?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SMJayman View Post
    Video aside, if you hit the LTT website and look at the options/features of their custom Glocks, the SCD is neither mentioned nor offered as a feature. I suspect that may be just Mr. Langdon's personal preference, but I could be mistaken. If LTT becomes the exclusive vendor I am OK with that, I'd just like the option to purchase another.

There was a comment on a YouTube video were LTT said they would like to offer them and that they are working with a company to be able to offer them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    I have and use the SCD on my Glocks. But I used Glocks before the SCD and will use them when there is no SCD. Without reservation. This SCD thing doesn't concern or affect me.
    I did not own a GLOCK prior to the SCD, and will not carry one without it. I hope to see some positive movement on this.

I have no reservations about the SCD, Tom, or carrying a GLOCK with an SCD.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I did not own a GLOCK prior to the SCD, and will not carry one without it. I hope to see some positive movement on this.

I have no reservations about the SCD, Tom, or carrying a GLOCK with an SCD.
    I am with you, and the SCD is also a requirement for me. Just hope we get some news soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Want to add this.

I’m very glad Tom is doing well (which is priority), and I’m sure there is a good explanation for what is going on. However, it has been two months since this thread was started and we have no real news about warranty issues or future product supply.

If there is some kind of NDA going on, then maybe there is nothing that can be said. If there is not something like that, then I think we would all appreciate at least some kind of update in regard to the actual SCD.

I feel kind of bad even posting this.
    I agree with all of the above.

I transitioned from carrying an HK P30SK LEM to an early production Gen 5 Glock 19 in 2017, partly because the availability of the SCD. The Gadget meant I could continue to thumb the "hammer" holstering.

I recently sold my last slimline (G48; reliability issues), and got a G19 MOS again as part of my transition to dots. I'd really like to put an SCD on it. I also would like to get another single stack because:reasons. But despite the advantages of another Glock (GSSF pricing, reliability, etc.) the lack of any confirmation that SCDs will/will not ever be produced again has me looking in a different direction. Without the prospect of SCDs being in stock, a major plus for keeping Glocks is eliminated.

I still wish Tom and Tau all the best, and hope everything is ok.

I keep seeing comments in this and the other thread in the TAU sub-forum saying that they won't carry a Glock without a SCD. How much administrative handling are we doing with our loaded carry guns as to feel unsafe with our Glocks? I carried Glocks pre-SCD and other non-hammered guns AIWB for a long time without feeling like I had a grenade strapped to my waist.

I have a SCD on three Glocks and appreciate the device. But I don't see it as a replacement for basic safety practices. And maybe I'm in the minority, but when an accessory such as the SCD goes POOF with no warning or explanation - and warranty needs go un-addressed - after it being confirmed that no harm has come to the well-liked and respected owner, it makes me reconsider the difference between "optional" vs "required".

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    I keep seeing comments in this and the other thread in the TAU sub-forum saying that they won't carry a Glock without a SCD. How much administrative handling are we doing with our loaded carry guns as to feel unsafe with our Glocks?
    In a typical two-day class? Quite a lot. For me anyway. IIRC round counts for any of the four or five classes I've taken were anywhere from 700 to 900 rounds each day. So there is/was a lot of drawing and reholstering to be pondered, especially for an AIWB carry gun. Obviously circumstances change that, and a different user need may drive a different benefit/assessment as to whether or not an SCD is "required" for them.

I don't have a problem continuing to carry my G19, sans SCD, AIWB, but I would vastly prefer to have an SCD on it. Taking a class now with it? I dunno. I might opt to set up my G34 OWB, but this is also less than ideal from a skills transfer point of view. My point was that we're currently in the situation where there "is no" SCD available, so one has to make their decisions based on that fact (at least, unless it changes suddenly, which at this point I don't hold out much hope of.)

YMMV, and that's perfectly ok.

Pistol forum:

“Carry a stock gun. Software over Hardware. Don’t rely on manual safeties. You are the safety”.

Also pistol forum:

“This safe action pistol designed 40 years ago isn’t safe without this little button on the back to fidget with…..”

Bet if the scd designer was a Glocktalk member we’d have never even considered it.

But hey. It’s your goat. Bang it however you want.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Pistol forum:
    “Carry a stock gun. Software over Hardware. Don’t rely on manual safeties. You are the safety”.
    Also pistol forum:
    “This safe action pistol designed 40 years ago isn’t safe without this little button on the back to fidget with…..”
    Bet if the scd designer was a Glocktalk member we’d have never even considered it.
    But hey. It’s your goat. Bang it however you want.
    I’ve carried Glocks for over ten years and never used an SCD. Even if they were allowed on work guns, I’m not sure that I would use one. That said, an extra layer of safety when reholstering, which doesn’t change how the gun functions and doesn’t cost much, could be described as a no-brainer (what that says about me is for another day ). Would you carry a 92G and not thumb the hammer when holstering?

I had one on my 30S for years… prior to being issued a Glock. Had it plated, and it was 100%. Used it as intended, and feel it worked great. Was my only Glock at that time.

But I did get rid of it after we got 19 Gen 5 MOS pistols at work… mainly for the differences. Why practice on two similar pistols, one with the SCD and one without (and the one without is sort of the more important one of the two… carried upwards of 40 hours a week)?

That and .45 pricing… resulted in me selling it. Replaced it with one of those Glock P80s, since I liked the Gen 1 grip… especially without the rail. Figured 9mm Glocks would fit well with the AR pistol that I built (6” barrel, Stern Defense block, and should be able to put my Odessa-9 on it whenever Dead Air offers a direct thread adapter). Probably will get a 26 Gen 5, and likely a 34 Gen 3 to play with slides on that P80 frame. I don’t see myself putting a SCD on any of that.

Do want to say, absolutely not a jab at Tom or the SCD design. Tried it, liked it, but I really don’t want to have that amount of difference between personal Glock(s) verses the agency Glock that I can’t change. If I could, I’d do them across the board… granted availability.

I went without night sights on my Glocks from 1988 to 2016 or 2017...and without an SCD from 1988 until they became available a few years ago.

I'd have no problem going back to Glocks as issued from the factory via the Blue Label program. I'm a keep it simple kind of guy.

That said, I'm happy to have both night sights and SCDs on my four Glocks.

Having a preference for something isn't the same thing, at least in my case, as being bound and chained to it.

YMMV.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List