Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: TAU Development Group/SCD Contact?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    A quick google search found a thread on glocktalk that indicated the eBay ones were made out of aluminum. And since Tau did try to lower the cost and have MIM SCD’s made in China to lower the cost unsuccessfully, it’s likely there is now an aluminum eBay bootleg version most likely made from China.
    The $23 aluminum one referenced on glocktalk is not the item being discussed.
    The one on ebay we are talking about is marketed as a actual Tau branded SCD and is black oxide stainless steel.

I will refrain from linking it as we have yet to determine if it is real but I'm sure you can find it on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    The $23 aluminum one referenced on glocktalk is not the item being discussed.
    The one on ebay we are talking about is marketed as a actual Tau branded SCD and is black oxide stainless steel.

I will refrain from linking it as we have yet to determine if it is real but I'm sure you can find it on your own.

My apologies if it’s truly a different vendor all together but it can be marketed as anything yet deliver a fake product.
    It happens on eBay all the time with trijicon and Aimpoint products for example.

I got a text from Tom this morning in response to a message I left on the phone number I had for him. (I told him he didn't have to call, a text would be fine, and I wasn't contacting him about the SCD, but only concerned that he and his family were okay.)

Tom assured me they are all well, that he is taking time away from the internet for personal reasons and that he would post something shortly, or I should probably say soon™.

I replied and thanked Tom for letting me know and that's all I got. I'm sure he'll post when he's ready...it doesn't sound like there is much drama to expect.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I got a text from Tom this morning in response to a message I left on the phone number I had for him. (I told him he didn't have to call, a text would be fine, and I wasn't contacting him about the SCD, but only concerned that he and his family were okay.)

Tom assured me they are all well, that he is taking time away from the internet for personal reasons and that he would post something shortly, or I should probably say soon™.

I replied and thanked Tom for letting me know and that's all I got. I'm sure he'll post when he's ready...it doesn't sound like there is much drama to expect.
    Awesome, glad all is well

Id rather shoot myself in the femoral artery than buy a stolen copy of anything. Helping a guy out now who is trying hard to develop a gun oriented item, its a lot of work. First just to think up something that will sell enough copies to be viable. All the hours of research, modeling and making prototypes just to find out you got to start all over because 3D modeling wont catch everything. Work a full time job and take care of a family on top of all that. Hell Id be ashamed to have a bootleg Gadget on my gun.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Student
    Tom, if you're reading this you don't hafta reply but I still think you're awesome and most of us probably still miss you.

Site Supporter
    Glad to hear things are going well.

I don’t mind buying from another seller if he legitimately bought them from Tom for resale, but knock offs or questionable methods I’m not interested in.

Still I prefer buying from Tom. ¡Por favor, mas gadgetes y gadgíquitos!

Site Supporter
    Yeah we need another batch of Gen5 Gadgets. Glad Tom is doing ok.

any update from Tom?

I miss @Tom_Jones 's posts about how striker triggers work. Dude has deep knowledge.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

User Tag List