Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: TAU Development Group/SCD Contact?

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I went without night sights on my Glocks from 1988 to 2016 or 2017...and without an SCD from 1988 until they became available a few years ago.

I'd have no problem going back to Glocks as issued from the factory via the Blue Label program. I'm a keep it simple kind of guy.

That said, I'm happy to have both night sights and SCDs on my four Glocks.

Having a preference for something isn't the same thing, at least in my case, as being bound and chained to it.

YMMV.
    Well said. I have had them on every Glock I’ve owned since the SCD was released until now. I got into the Gen 5 on a trade and they haven’t been available since but I have still carried them. I am hunting for a couple now and will put them on my carry weapon when I have them.

Quote Originally Posted by CHNEAL View Post
    Well said. I have had them on every Glock I’ve owned since the SCD was released until now. I got into the Gen 5 on a trade and they haven’t been available since but I have still carried them. I am hunting for a couple now and will put them on my carry weapon when I have them.
    I only have one Gen5, my G26. I was fortunate to be able to get one for it, and it's my main carry when out and about.

If the SCD ever fails, I won't stop carrying the Gen5...even though my Gen2.5 with SCD would still be available for carry in its stead.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I switched from hammer DA/SA (HK P2KSK) to G19 only because the SCD was available.
    Holstering a loaded gun that's pointed at my man-parts and femoral is unnerving enough WITH hammer feedback.

If anyone has a Gen 5 SCD they'd like to sell.... I'm still in need of one.
    I need to look back a few pages.. IIRC, some folks have modded a Gen 4 to fit Gen 5... I may give that a try.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I hope everything is okay with Tom’s business. I like the SCD as a product and I liked Tom after meeting him at a training class. I have SCDs on my non-work Glocks but am prohibited from installing them on my work Glocks. I’m carrying the work Glocks 100% of the time I’m carrying a gun which means the only time I can even use an SCD equipped Glock is if I’m practicing at the range with one of the non-work ones. I would greatly prefer to carry Glocks equipped with SCDs, but it’s not the end of the world for me that I can’t do so. My employer doesn’t have a hammer-fired option. It’s either Glocks or the P320/P365. I believe that the SCD makes bolstering Glocks a safer process but safety in holstering comes primarily from following the four rules of firearms safety and making sure there isn’t anything in the holster impeding the path of the pistol like a drawstring or undershirt.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Do we think there is any real chance someone else will start making SCDs? Of Tau has sold the rights of course.

Two weeks ago Langdon Tactical posted The Glock® from LTT to YouTube. The comments are open, many people commented, and Langdon Tactical replied to most of them. If you read the comments, the subject is discussed there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Two weeks ago Langdon Tactical posted The Glock® from LTT to YouTube. The comments are open, many people commented, and Langdon Tactical replied to most of them. If you read the comments, the subject is discussed there.

There is a newer comment that says they are waiting to get them in stock. That’s awesome news if it comes true. Not that they are telling a lie, just hoping everything works out.

Name:  0B32E423-9D4B-4C48-9C04-FD9915FFC5E7.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  30.8 KB

Site Supporter
    From reading more comments, it seems like it is just a matter of time before LTT gets the SCD in stock. We can only hope that happens soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Name:  0B32E423-9D4B-4C48-9C04-FD9915FFC5E7.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  30.8 KB
    The “a company” verbiage makes me wonder if they are trying to license manufacturing. Total speculation on my part.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List