Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: TAU Development Group/SCD Contact?

Obviously this is speculation but if anyone would do it and do it right I think Apex tactical would be the top choice.

Langdon tactical, certainly the right one, however I could see several others, both having the skills and resources... Wilson Combat as one for example.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Langdon tactical, certainly the right one, however I could see several others, both having the skills and resources... Wilson Combat as one for example.
    Now, I didn't look very hard but I struggled to find a single striker fired gun on the Wilson website a few moments ago. What did I miss?

Why would they be interested in something like the SCD that's out of sync with everything* else they do?

*if I'm just plain wrong about the first thing

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    Now, I didn't look very hard but I struggled to find a single striker fired gun on the Wilson website a few moments ago. What did I miss?

Why would they be interested in something like the SCD that's out of sync with everything* else they do?

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Glock/departments/169/

As I said, one example.

Going to another extreme, to me, someone like Palmetto state armory is another group that has the skills, money and marketing. This could be beneficial to all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post

Wilson Combat Sig 320s
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Assuming there's no sign of damage to the center piece that the pin runs through, either....

1. Pin broke.
    2. Damage to one of the ears on the back plate, allowing the pin to fall out (no way to determine without finding the missing plate)
    3. (unlikely) Not inserted into the slide fully/correctly, allowing the pin to fall out.

The SCD is precise, but, uncomplicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Had you ever taken it apart?
    Has anyone taken one apart and if so, what's the retention method for the pin? Maybe a compression fit in the ears of the back plate with a slightly larger diameter bore in the center hinge to allow for rotation?

I can't get the pin to walk out by applying limited force with the end of a needle (don't have a small enough punch yet) but I'm interested in modifying a couple of Gen 4 gadgets to fit Gen 5 guns. By the time I made the switch to Gen 5s, SCDs were unobtanium so I'm getting ready to do some surgery with a file or have a machinist acquaintance of mine mill the right side notch to fit.

Would be a little concerned about applying force to the pin when pushing a file over the two plates. Also not sure the backplate would be secure enough to the cover plate via the pin to keep from damaging the pin during milling if the two plates couldn't be adequately locked together/down.

Any thoughts?
    In one physical model of the universe, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line... in the opposite direction, Danny. -Ty Webb

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Obviously this is speculation but if anyone would do it and do it right I think Apex tactical would be the top choice.
    If I was to guess who the mystery companies are, LTT and Apex would be my top two guesses by far.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Duckysattva View Post
    Would be a little concerned about applying force to the pin when pushing a file over the two plates. Also not sure the backplate would be secure enough to the cover plate via the pin to keep from damaging the pin during milling if the two plates couldn't be adequately locked together/down.

Any thoughts?
    Clamp them together in a vise with a gun bench block insert.

You could also use a Dremel on a cheap eBay knock off to practice…

Given that the SCD is now open source, if they ever again come to market it would probably be as a commodity product offered by many small companies. In such an event the consumer's purchase decision would reasonably be priced based, with the low-cost provider prevailing. Sales then become a race to the bottom. Under the above conditions, I can't think of many domestic sources that would be interested in providing the product.

I hope I'm wrong.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Given that the SCD is now open source, if they ever again come to market it would probably be as a commodity product offered by many small companies. In such an event the consumer's purchase decision would reasonably be priced based, with the low-cost provider prevailing. Sales then become a race to the bottom. Under the above conditions, I can't think of many domestic sources that would be interested in providing the product.

I hope I'm wrong.
    Yeah those are similar to my thoughts. If it wasn’t an attractive business for Tom I’m worried it won’t be attractive for any other reputable supplier. We shall see.

User Tag List