Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: TAU Development Group/SCD Contact?

It can be both things. Tom has done a tremendous amount to keep this forum—and the legacy of the founder—alive. Just today, I moved a med kit from the sedan trunk to the SUV door, a med kit that I picked up from a group buy he organized and offered the forum.

And, his wife is a straight-up heroine. I’m a fan.

And, this is not handling business well at all.

Like I say, both things. I am not personally getting wrapped around the axle, due to my warm feelings towards Tom—and I simultaneously hope he works out a licensing deal or sale to offload the gadget, since it’s clear that it’s not a top priority right now.

Back to stuff important to me: family, a Rory Miller seminar (starts tonight!) and scotch (for after).
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    We'll all probably continue to disagree across keyboards.

Some how this discussion reminds me of the book About Face by David Hackworth I just listened to as an audio book. He talked extensively about the zero defect culture of the army in the 50's and 60's that brought cultural issues and failures into the Vietnam conflict and beyond.

I have been slowly drifting away from the gun culture so if there was no PF, I would probably get more dry firing in or axe hafting or chainsaw work. I am really just here for the Meme thread, really.
    I imagine the majority of us are in more agreement than disagreement, but to different degrees. Totem said it well.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Hope Tom is well, but if a gadget is a must, there are alot of good hammer fire guns.

cz
    beretta
    sig p229 conceals better than a g19 for me )5'10" 170 punds

And then there thumb safeties. I hope the gadget comes back but it gave glock the final nail in the coffin for me, and I am sans glock for the first time completely in 10 years.

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    It was the gadget that actually brought me here the first time. I took an advance defensive pistol class in ‘13 or ‘14 I think and one of my fellow “ students” was a beta tester and was taking the class, and from what I understood many classes, as part of the testing process. I found it to be a fascinating concept even though at that time any carry different then strong side OWB was much too new age for me! However I could see the benefit for holstering a Glock into a leather scabbard type holster. I had been an HK guy before that and was a big fan of the decocker on my USP.
    That experience stuck in my head and I guess festered because when i decided to see what the cool kids were talking about with the AIWB carry the gadget was on the list of gear I would need to give this a go. A google search found Tau and P-F.
    With that said I am on the this is horseshit customer service side. My feeling is that without the personal connection folks here have to Tom and legacy of Todd G absolutely no one would accept it and the company would become persona non grata around these parts.
    I admire the locality shown for a friend and lost comrades I really do and its that integrity and loyalty that makes me want to be a part of this place. The reverse side of that very coin is why I am not interested in doing any more business with Tau and honestly hope LTT is going to take over the SCD because I find it to be a great device that I wish to continue using.

Well, somebody must hear from them, since they are still a supporting member (would any of the other business stay a supporting member on this forum, if they disappeared, stopped responding to customers, and who knows when they paid their last supporting member payment?)?
    I say that because they show last logged in on 10-23-21:
    https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?14383-taudevgroup

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Well, somebody must hear from them, since they are still a supporting member (would any of the other business stay a supporting member on this forum, if they disappeared, stopped responding to customers, and who knows when they paid their last supporting member payment?)?
    I say that because they show last logged in on 10-23-21:
    https://pistol-forum.com/member.php?14383-taudevgroup
    I’m not a fan of this tone or the speculation underneath it.

“Who knows when they paid their last supporting member payment?”

Ever heard of auto-pay? You have no idea, and this speculation is inappropriate. Tom could be in daily conversation with LL, he could have had 2 auto-pays in the last 2 years with zero other contact, or anything in between.

It’s fine to be frustrated by the situation, and fine to decide no matter what the deal is to not buy any more from that company/person, and I’d understand taking other actions if you believe you have a defective part or something and aren’t getting reimbursed. Smearing someone else not part of the company doesn’t seem right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I’m not a fan of this tone or the speculation underneath it.

“Who knows when they paid their last supporting member payment?”

Ever heard of auto-pay? You have no idea, and this speculation is inappropriate. Tom could be in daily conversation with LL, he could have had 2 auto-pays in the last 2 years with zero other contact, or anything in between.

It’s fine to be frustrated by the situation, and fine to decide no matter what the deal is to not buy any more from that company/person, and I’d understand taking other actions if you believe you have a defective part or something and aren’t getting reimbursed. Smearing someone else not part of the company doesn’t seem right to me.
    The TONE is IN YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!!!

Who knows is a genuine question, because while I can see when my membership comes do, and I am sure moderators can, general members cannot. Same with the businesses.

Guys, the last thing we need is to allow this unfortunate situation to devolve into us attacking one another.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Who knows is a genuine question, because while I can see when my membership comes do, and I am sure moderators can, general members cannot. Same with the businesses.
    Mods can't. Or at least this one can't. Or can't figure out how to. That may be an admin only thing
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Guys, the last thing we need is to allow this unfortunate situation to devolve into us attacking one another.
    Thank you.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List