Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: TAU Development Group/SCD Contact?

I know that Tom believes in making improvements widely available -- you may recall that he developed a fix for the 1301 and let others run with it. Pretty sure Beretta incorporated his design into the OEM 1301, and he didn't try to monetize that. The SCD was expensive to make, and even though the price was relatively high, the margins were a fraction of what you would expect and need. Tom has told me that this will also allow others to develop SCD like solutions for other striker pistols, which is very exciting. Love to see a SCD for the M&P, VP9 and Walther.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If LTT takes up the mantle, I’ll buy SCDs from LTT. I’ve had good experience with Ernest and his team and trust them to do it right. If another company takes up the SCD, I’ll consider a purchase, depending on how they shake out.

I’m glad to see Tom’s post/announcement. I hate to see that Tau is done, but I can absolutely understand. The human being in me honestly believes Tom pretty much just got tired of dealing with the internet gun culture business stuff and decided to focus his attention on things that made him happier. I can understand and respect that.

Beer collection

I want to take up a beer collection for Tom in making what had to be a tough decision.

@LittleLebowski is this something we can do?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I know that Tom believes in making improvements widely available -- you may recall that he developed a fix for the 1301 and let others run with it. Pretty sure Beretta incorporated his design into the OEM 1301, and he didn't try to monetize that. The SCD was expensive to make, and even though the price was relatively high, the margins were a fraction of what you would expect and need. Tom has told me that this will also allow others to develop SCD like solutions for other striker pistols, which is very exciting. Love to see a SCD for the M&P, VP9 and Walther.
    AN M&P with an SCD would be great. Though wouldn't it be harder to do with an M&P?

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    If LTT takes up the mantle, I’ll buy SCDs from LTT. I’ve had good experience with Ernest and his team and trust them to do it right.
    Has that been confirmed by LTT yet, does anyone know?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Confirmed? No. Clues to it happening? Yes.

Go to LTT's video on YouTube and read the comments and you will see. Seems very likely in my opinion.

Not that I’m aware of. I’m purely going off of speculation from this thread, and a little knowledge that Ernest and Todd Green were friends. Since Todd was involved to some degree in the SCD development, and Ernest has been keeping the FAST Coin thing going (or was), it makes some sense to me that Ernest would also be interested in keeping another of Todd’s “projects” going. Again though, that’s just speculation on my part there.

I’ll be paying attention to announcements from LTT in the future all the same.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    AN M&P with an SCD would be great. Though wouldn't it be harder to do with an M&P?
    If you take a look a the patent, it covers lots of ways to implement "thumb activated safe holstering" for various striker fired designs. https://patents.google.com/patent/US...control+device

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I was contacted by someone with significant manufacturing capability about producing high quality versions of the SCD.

I can't go into more detail than that, but right now I'm fairly confident that we'll see devices I would and will put on my own guns in the first half of 2022.

It would not surprise me if those devices end up being sold on the LTT website.

I say all of that to say this:

Everybody calm down and take a deep breath.

The SCD will likely be back very soon. It may no be identical to the original models in all respects, but it will have the same function and achieve the same goals without adding risks or potential issues.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I was contacted by someone with significant manufacturing capability about producing high quality versions of the SCD.

I can't go into more detail than that, but right now I'm fairly confident that we'll see devices I would and will put on my own guns in the first half of 2022.

It would not surprise me if those devices end up being sold on the LTT website.

I say all of that to say this:

Everybody calm down and take a deep breath.

The SCD will likely be back very soon. It may no be identical to the original models in all respects, but it will have the same function and achieve the same goals without adding risks or potential issues.
    That still doesn't help the OP. Will this new company honor warranties and support for previously bought SCDs?

User Tag List