Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: TAU Development Group/SCD Contact?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Guys, the last thing we need is to allow this unfortunate situation to devolve into us attacking one another.
    Mas sabiduría de Senor Azules.

I have known Tom for years and he is a smart and decent person. When he is in a position to say something, I am sure he will.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

TAU Development Group/SCD Contact?

Thank you @Tom_Jones
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but I can understand why Tom would make that decision. Hopefully some good folks will make them in a future.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    The TONE is IN YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!!!

Who knows is a genuine question, because while I can see when my membership comes do, and I am sure moderators can, general members cannot. Same with the businesses.
    My apologies, I obviously misinterpreted.

Site Supporter
    Lines up with what I knew of the guy from my interactions. Let his patent and design he poured years into be produced at will and industrial contacts to produce, drawings, etc. to someone else to pickup the torch and run with it.

I respect the man and it sounds like LTT and others just got the research and development, vetted manufacturer, etc. to make it themselves for free.

I mean does this mildly inconvenience me as a Glock shooter? A little bit - will other companies pick this up and maybe make other designs similar for other striker fired guns and know the original designer won’t come after them at all but actually gave them his business for free?

Looks like it.
    God Bless,

Brandon

I can understand ceasing operations for various reasons. But handing it over for free? That’s rather shocking to me.

Hope all is well moving forward.

Site Supporter
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    I can understand ceasing operations for various reasons. But handing it over for free? That’s rather shocking to me.

Hope all is well moving forward.
    The true value is in the patent. If he would have extended it and sold it, whoever bought it, by my understanding, does need to enforce their patent rights to keep it.
    Hence sue the Ebay copy seller, with expensive litigation.
    Bad business start.

Now, we just need to figure out, where to put a non functioning, business entity, in the forum. (I am sure there were some questions in that forum that will be helpful to people with older guns that have them in the future).
    And while he didn't take money for it, he only gave the info to two different groups (guessing one is Langdon Tactical). He did not open source it, or give the information to something like a Creative commons 3d printing group, etc. In a way, he just handed over financial liability, along with the opportunity, to make money.

User Tag List