Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: TAU Development Group/SCD Contact?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    The current (past) form of the design really only applies to Glock style partially cocked strikers, but there is certainly room for different methods of the same end goal in the patent.
    Quote Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post
    The XDS (and I presume the Hellcat), and I think the Kahr, uses the exact same type striker.

I recall Tom once stating that the SCD concept would work beautifully on the Kahr, but the R&D wouldn't be worth it for the five people who would buy one.

Chuck (One-of-Five)
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    And CZ P-10, hopefully.

No Gadget for the P-10 is the primary reason that I didn't choose that as a carry gun. They shoot beautifully.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I recall Tom once stating that the SCD concept would work beautifully on the Kahr, but the R&D wouldn't be worth it for the five people who would buy one.

Chuck (One-of-Five)
    I'll take No. 2!

Disappointing on many levels. But hopefully it won’t too long before Langdon or Shield Arms drops their version of the SCD.

Maybe these questions need their own thread but does anyone know if the p320 would be a possible platform for an scd? An SCD for the 365 platform would be huuuuge.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    Disappointing on many levels. But hopefully it won’t too long before Langdon or Shield Arms drops their version of the SCD.
    Do you think Shield Arms will be one of the companies to sell/make them ?

For consumers of the Gadget, the great news is that there will no longer be a patent limiting who can make and market a striker control device.

However all the normal considerations still apply — a company will need to want to offer this product, figure out how to get it manufactured, test it to make sure it works as designed, and have enough volume and margin to make it worthwhile.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Maybe these questions need their own thread but does anyone know if the p320 would be a possible platform for an scd? An SCD for the 365 platform would be huuuuge.
    While I agree on the utility of one for the Sig family of pistols, I recall years ago Tom mentioned he investigated it on the 320 and determined it likely wasn't viable in the marketplace as the host pistol would need modification to either the grip or FCU (or both) to work. My interpretation of Tom's statement was that the device would have to interface with the trigger bar instead of the striker, as the 320 is a fully tensioned striker. In my head I'm picturing a user touchpoint like the P30 decocker, but lower on the beavertail.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Do you think Shield Arms will be one of the companies to sell/make them ?
    When I read the announcement that’s the first thing that popped in my mind. I messaged back and forth with one of the guys at Shield today. Summary is, they have heard of the SCD but they were not aware of the patent expiration. However now, “R&D has been made aware”. If that means they go for it I say great! The work they’ve done on the S15 has earned them my confidence in their skills.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For consumers of the Gadget, the great news is that there will no longer be a patent limiting who can make and market a striker control device.

However all the normal considerations still apply — a company will need to want to offer this product, figure out how to get it manufactured, test it to make sure it works as designed, and have enough volume and margin to make it worthwhile.
    Definitely has cooled my enthusiasm for buying into another gun at the moment as I do definitely prefer to have those on any guns I am using for CCW, etc...

User Tag List