Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So if a G20 is near-perfect, is a G21 a mistake?

The G21 is a great pistol, exceptionally accurate and reliable. Mine's a Gen 3. I've heard from an exceptionally competant G21 shooter that I personally know and trust that he much prefers the G21 to the G41; the recoil characteristics of the G21 are better.

Unless you're trying for maximum velocity, I think the G21 makes eminent sense for most.

Of course, I do have a G34 holster that the G41 would fit...

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    I would agree with this here.

It’s a bit of an anomaly, but the gun just handles and shoots very accurately.

.45 ACP is fun, but I just struggle with making the justification. I have 2 .45 ACP 1911’s which I like and don’t plan on getting rid of.

But, it’s just a very capable gun and tempting for that reason.

I have larger hands (typically Large gloves) and the gun feels bigger in the hand but even then it just really works well.

I looked at used G21’s recently, but it’s just not conducive for the other stuff going on and all my funds have gone into the USPSA stuff. Really cool guns though.
    God Bless,

Brandon

I have a G21 gen 3 and gen 4. I prefer the gen 4 due to improved grip texture. Also, it doesn’t seem quite as 2X4ish in my hand. I put some AmeriGlo Hachathorn sights on the gen 3. Very helpful for these old eyes.

Well, here y’all go, being enablers, yet again. After I found how well the G30s Short Frame, and the G30 Gen4, with no adapters installed, fit my left hand, I bought one of each, and, then, it occurred to me that I should contemplate acquiring a Gen4 G21, or perhaps even the longer-slide G41. As money does not grow on trees, I put the idea out of my hand, until, well, I saw this discussion. Sigh.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

To further enable....

Best, Jon

When I dumped most of my HK's and went back to Glocks for my polymer guns, I got a gen4 20 & 21, they are both good guns. I think the gen 4 recoil system makes a difference as I had previously owned gen 3 versions of both and I perceive shot to shot recovery to be easier. Talladega PD issues G41 and I have put quite a few rounds through a friend's. I think the recoil is more to manage than the G21 and I would not trade the sight radius for that. All my subjective perceptions of course. I am happy with the two that I chose from that tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    One of the last classes I went to I came in second on the walk back drill with a G21 with the crappy plastic sights. Beat more than a couple guys with dots. G21s shoot. I prefer the gen 3 to the 4 in this case.
    Do tell!

My gunsmith is partial to Gen 3 Glocks, not sure why.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    When I dumped most of my HK's and went back to Glocks for my polymer guns, I got a gen4 20 & 21, they are both good guns. I think the gen 4 recoil system makes a difference as I had previously owned gen 3 versions of both and I perceive shot to shot recovery to be easier. Talladega PD issues G41 and I have put quite a few rounds through a friend's. I think the recoil is more to manage than the G21 and I would not trade the sight radius for that. All my subjective perceptions of course. I am happy with the two that I chose from that tribe.
    Thanks, interesting you found less recoil in the G21. The G20 I shot was loaded with 180 grain ppu and I would describe the felt recoil as 9mm level. Very manageable.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Well, here y’all go, being enablers, yet again. After I found how well the G30s Short Frame, and the G30 Gen4, with no adapters installed, fit my left hand, I bought one of each, and, then, it occurred to me that I should contemplate acquiring a Gen4 G21, or perhaps even the longer-slide G41. As money does not grow on trees, I put the idea out of my hand, until, well, I saw this discussion. Sigh.
    I have a G21 Gen3 and was/am quite happy with it, both accuracy-wise and size-wise, I wear XL or 2XL gloves.

In order to shoot all day at GSSF matches, I bought a Glock 30 S because it would allow me to shoot subcompact and major subcompact with one pistol. Plus, at the time, Cabela's in Wichita had one, and you know, Cabela's Bucks.

That purchase was pure-dee serendipity. That little 30S fits me okay with either an extension or G21 mag, and the sight radius is just perfect for my eyes. I stopped using my 21 in the heavy metal class and use the 30S, it shoots better for me.

Cliff's Notes: You may be like me, like the G21 just fine, but like the G30 S better.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    And with the 21 you could shoot 45 Super if you want 10mm power.
    There's a Blue Label 41 at the gun store that I swear winked at me when I was paying on my Keltec P-32 lawaway.
    My head has already gone down this rabbit hole.

I've already been convinced I should load hot .45 Auto Rim in my 625 by hive members, so it could happen. I'm kinda dumb and suggestable. 🤫

10mm something is prolly inevitable for me someday, tho. First gun shop I ever went into had a Delta Elite for sale.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I've considered a .357 Sig barrel and downloading to 9mm spec in a G20.

ETA: congrats on joining the p32 cult.

ETAx2: that G41 was grimacing in pain. You should free it, bro!
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List