Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Military T&E?

I don’t think you need to delete your post. It was a innocent question and the response was very detailed and gave links to those threads. I think it is a good resource for others that maybe had the same questions or did not know.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelOrick View Post

I know M9s were pulled and tested to failure periodically. Frames were good for about 35K rounds, slides 70K, blocks 22K IIRC?

The M9 slides range went from 5-35Kin the late 80s to 55-95K in the late 90s.

What changed? The guns, the ammo, the testing, or all of the above?

I am curious about this as well purely for education on the m9. You don’t hear a lot about 92 frames cracking.

If any others that have high round counts on Beretta 92s I would like to hear their thoughts.

Am I the only one whose brain read SIG Traverse and Elevation when seeing SIG T&E? This thread is about something completely different.

Thanks for bringing this up MikeO. Never a bad idea to get folks looking at the workings of these huge bureaucracies
    and the Mandarins that live in a off them.

One of the worst procurement debacles and failures to occur in recent times....

Just about everything that could be done wrong was. Very poor test protocols and incomplete testing.

As a result, the best pistol and best ammunition was not selected.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post

As a result, the best pistol and best ammunition was not selected.

Doc, I'm not up on this, what were the best pistol and ammo?

Thanks

User Tag List