Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reloading for S&W M&P 2.0 9mm

Try upsizing your bullets, any manufacturer will do it on request. I had to go up to a .358 in my Berettas when shooting lead.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Check out these folks:

http://hoosierbullets.com

They offer at least one bullet in .357 diameter. Also, consider buying a Lyman M die for expanding cases.

Have you used these loads in other pistols? What does the crimp measure on a finished round.

Quote Originally Posted by rca90gsx View Post
    Have you used these loads in other pistols? What does the crimp measure on a finished round.
    I have, I just looked at the pictures, the M&P is shooting at around 5-6" (I exaggerated in my initial post, had the group been centered it would have held the USPSA A zone just barely). The G34 is putting these loads into 3".

I already know the bore is on the large size. I shot the SNS and it leaded pretty bad, I cleaned it and then on a separate range trip shot the BBI bullets. The first few shots almost made me laugh, I could see the gas and a little flame leaving the barrel and a lot of smoke. I have shot coated bullets through a lot of guns, a few guns that did not particular like them, but the gas and flame throwing was a new one. In 10 rounds the muzzle looked like it was growing lead petals.

I found 100 125 gr. HAP bullets laying around, but they are .356 jacketed, which I didn't realize until I loaded up about 50 of them with 4.3 grains of HP38. I will need to load some lighter powder charges and see if I can work up to the 4.3 grains. Never shot .356 jacketed out of a 9 I don't want to blow it up. I will report back in this thread, but I will need another week before I can get to the range.

I too love Montana Gold, shot thousands 9ver the years.

I've found that the X-Treme 124gr plated HP to be an extremely accurate, and cheap, bullet.

Excellent performance over 4.2gr Titegroup in our Glocks.

Got busy and was night able to make it to the range until today. Had some 115 UMC and 147 gr HST. HST 5 round groups ran 3-4" and UMC had some tight 4 round groups at 2-3" but I alway had flier which I called typically on the first round ( me not use to the gun). With the consistent flier UMC was about 5-6" but I think it was me. All groups standing at 25 yards.

Much improved over the previous loads I had tried.

All in all I think this gun will shoot jacketed just fine. Need to score some Montana Gold or Zero bullets.

Might be ultimately more economical and satisfying to just put in an Apex barrel as they shoot everything I have tried better than the oem barrel.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Just for fun, using my 5 inch CORE practice gun with an Apex barrel, at 22 yards I shot 5 rounds of 124 AE, 5 rounds of 115 Lawman, 5 rounds of 124 Syntech and 5 rounds of Belom. This was the composite group.

Name:  E48796D2-C863-470A-B6C8-A8015768663E.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  38.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just for fun, using my 5 inch CORE practice gun with an Apex barrel, at 22 yards I shot 5 rounds of 124 AE, 5 rounds of 115 Lawman, 5 rounds of 124 Syntech and 5 rounds of Belom. This was the composite group.

Name:  E48796D2-C863-470A-B6C8-A8015768663E.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  38.2 KB
    George, did you have to fit your Apex bbl at all or did it drop in?

147 gr HST 5rd
    Name:  20210919_140415.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  33.9 KB
    115 gr UMC 5rd, I called the first shot left, did that on 2 different groups that looked identical.
    Name:  20210919_140558.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  35.0 KB

I have some 124 gr Precision Delta jacketed coming

Also have an Apex barrel in the cart but they are out of stock for the file to fit it. Will hold off on that for now and see if I can get some better results with some more trigger time.

User Tag List