Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reloading for S&W M&P 2.0 9mm

Reloading for S&W M&P 2.0 9mm

Recently picked up a 5" S&W M&P 2.0 9mm. I have tried 2 different loads with it;
    SNS 125 gr. RN, 4.3 gr HP38
    BBI 125 gr. TC, 4.3 gr. HP38

Both loads run about 1090-1100 fps. I am getting severe leading and the gun won't hold the A zone at 25 yards.

Can anyone reccomend a bullet that shoots well out of their M&P? Would prefer not to buy ammo but if someone has a reccomendation I will take it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    Recently picked up a 5" S&W M&P 2.0 9mm. I have tried 2 different loads with it;
    SNS 125 gr. RN, 4.3 gr HP38
    BBI 125 gr. TC, 4.3 gr. HP38

Both loads run about 1090-1100 fps. I am getting severe leading and the gun won't hold the A zone at 25 yards.

Can anyone reccomend a bullet that shoots well out of their M&P? Would prefer not to buy ammo but if someone has a reccomendation I will take it.
    My brother picked up a 2.0 as well and the thing won't hold an A zone at 25 yards regardless of ammo type used. Next move is to pick up a replacement barrel. I'd heard smith had repaired this bug, but they've apparently snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I've run the 2.0 with a stock barrel for quite some time and can easily hold all black on a B8 at 25 yards.

The load I have been using primarily is 6.1 Power Pistol behind a 115gr FMJ

Are you by chance using a Lee factory crimp die? I've shot many thousands through all of my M&Ps and never gotten any measurable leading. I've also heard many people report results just like yours that were resizing the loaded bullet down in size by using that Lee die which is sized specifically for use with jacketed bullets. Make sure your aren't reducing the bullet diameter after seating in your reloading process and use .356" or even .357" diameter bullets when not jacketed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Are you by chance using a Lee factory crimp die? I've shot many thousands through all of my M&Ps and never gotten any measurable leading. I've also heard many people report results just like yours that were resizing the loaded bullet down in size by using that Lee die which is sized specifically for use with jacketed bullets. Make sure your aren't reducing the bullet diameter after seating in your reloading process and use .356" or even .357" diameter bullets when not jacketed.
    I am not. Actually I am not a fan of the Lee factory crimp die (I've used one). I think it is more useful as a case gauge than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    I've run the 2.0 with a stock barrel for quite some time and can easily hold all black on a B8 at 25 yards.

The load I have been using primarily is 6.1 Power Pistol behind a 115gr FMJ
    What brand of 115 FMJ are using?

i've used various bullets, but now use PC 147 gr bullets almost exclusively as well as the FCD.....no problems of any kind with at least 6 different M&Ps 1.0 and 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    What brand of 115 FMJ are using?
    I don't recall as I bought like 10k of them a few years back, I believe they are montana gold but I cannot be sure.
    In general though, this load will shoot in pretty much any gun, although it is a bit loud and snappy.

I did more research and nosler actually has it listed as their most accurate 9mm 115gr loading.

https://www.nosler.com/9mm-luger-parabellum

Montana Gold is my typical go to for jacketed bullets but they are out of stock. They do shoot great in anything I have shot them through.

While I do not have any specific 25yd accuracy test results, I have been shooting coated 147g bullets in my 5" M&P with seemingly good results. I think coated bullets with a encapsulated base makes sense in 9mm.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

User Tag List