Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Loaded guns found in vacation rentals and hotels

Loaded guns found in vacation rentals and hotels

This is what happens when people who aren't serious carry guns:

Police in Kill Devil Hills shared pictures of two guns recovered the same day last month. One, a semi-automatic, was left in a nightstand of a vacation home. The other, a Glock brand pistol, was left under a mattress at a nearby hotel. So far this summer, the department has responded to nine such calls.

https://www.wral.com/loaded-guns-lef...tels/19818686/

I’m hoping I find a nice 1911…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I’m reminded of the FAM who left a pistol in the latrine mid-flight, and the member of the British PM’s detail who left a pistol in a restaurant bathroom. Inattention happens—though of course it shouldn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    I’m reminded of the FAM who left a pistol in the latrine mid-flight, and the member of the British PM’s detail who left a pistol in a restaurant bathroom. Inattention happens—though of course it shouldn’t.
    Wasn’t there an article floating some years back about a report that came out detailing how many handguns FAMS had forgotten in airport bathrooms? I remember it being relatively a lot.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Wasn’t there an article floating some years back about a report that came out detailing how many handguns FAMS had forgotten in airport bathrooms? I remember it being relatively a lot.
    I don't remember seeing that. Preventing this sort of thing is the real reason to use pistol lanyards.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Yes. And then there is the Secret Service that has managed to leave guns in the bathroom of AF1 and in Romney’s plane. I think that both were found by press pool reporters.

https://ladailypost.com/secret-servi...-romney-plane/
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    This is what happens when people who aren't serious carry guns:

Police in Kill Devil Hills shared pictures of two guns recovered the same day last month. One, a semi-automatic, was left in a nightstand of a vacation home. The other, a Glock brand pistol, was left under a mattress at a nearby hotel. So far this summer, the department has responded to nine such calls.

https://www.wral.com/loaded-guns-lef...tels/19818686/
    Happens all the time. So often, that if you're an FFL in close proximity to a batch of hotels you can make a tidy sum in transfer fees.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

A while back, a LEO left a select fire MP5 in the range shack, and thankfully an honest person found it and turned it in.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I don't begrudge LEO's who leave behind their sidearm after a bathroom visit. However I'm not happy the consideration they get isn't equally applied to the civilian population. I've seen plenty of reports of cops leaving a pistol on a toilet and nothing came of it. Yet a regular Joe does the same and it is a way different outcome.

One of my Gunsite instructors left their handgun in the bathroom ahead of me during a Gunsite class. My wife once left her fanny pack with a Glock and her wallet on the bed stand in a rental in the FL Keys, and we were nearly to Jacksonville before she realized it. “Jax Center, we need to divert back to Marathon.”
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List