Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New USMC Toy

New USMC Toy

Name:  Recon HK 10.4.jpg
Views: 1824
Size:  33.9 KB

M27 IAR with a HK 416 CQB upper kit

It has been a long road for this to happen due to the convoluted acquisitions process, legal concerns, sequesteraization and various rice bowl ism's, but the Recon teams finally have these trickling in, and there is now perhaps going to be a push to integrate these wider across the fleet and finally embrace the arms room concept for our boom sticks..... Just in time for me to be retiring... figures

Note some of the accessories, while none of them are wild, this is the Marine Corps, the fact that all this stuff is being issued, even if limited right now, is huge progress from the hidebound organization as it normally is, there is also a KAC NT4 suppressor as part of the kit for use as needed. More on suppressors later...

There are also already talks of looking at lighter hand guards going forward as well.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

My neck was getting tired...

Name:  Recon HK 10.4.jpg
Views: 1230
Size:  37.4 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

That is awesome and you guys are past due.

Congratulations!

Now with that said, I figure I would make one slight modification so the Marines would instantly feel right at home utilizing such a fine weapon of war..

What’s going to happen with your M-1s now?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

M-1's ? If you mean the tanks, they are all gone already, pretty sure they were all shipped to Barstow or Anniston and then to be disposed of. The Army didn't want them as USMC tanks were at least two if not three generations behind what the Army is running. I heard something about some of our old tanks being sold or given to Australia but not sure if that is happening or not. Only tanks left on Lejeune are one each M4 Sherman, M48, M60 and one lonely M1 to put out on display....2d Tank Bn is pretty much disbanded as of now as well.

If you mean Garands then the only ones still in use are up at the Barracks at 8th and I and most of those are blank firing only now or non firing for ease in taking into secure areas, Historical company has a bunch in Quantico and WTBN Quantico has some in their reference armory...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    M-1's ? If you mean the tanks, they are all gone already, pretty sure they were all shipped to Barstow or Anniston and then to be disposed of. The Army didn't want them as USMC tanks were at least two if not three generations behind what the Army is running. I heard something about some of our old tanks being sold or given to Australia but not sure if that is happening or not. Only tanks left on Lejeune are one each M4 Sherman, M48, M60 and one lonely M1 to put out on display....2d Tank Bn is pretty much disbanded as of now as well.

If you mean Garands then the only ones still in use are up at the Barracks at 8th and I and most of those are blank firing only now or non firing for ease in taking into secure areas, Historical company has a bunch in Quantico and WTBN Quantico has some in their reference armory...
    Are these going to Recon, and eventually the infantry BNs?

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post

M27 IAR with a HK 416 CQB upper kit
    Am I looking at a USMC weapon with no iron sights?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Am I looking at a USMC weapon with no iron sights?
    Looks like it. You can't iron sight a UNITY FAST Eotech setup, unless they're offset.

Some are set up with the Unity stuff, some are not and those dudes are running the standard KAC USMC sight set up off of the M27.

Right now they are planning to field to all the Recon Bn's. There is some talk of getting the kits for selected guns within the Rifle Bn's due to some of the proposed task set reconfiguration within the MEUs

Thanks for sharing rcbusmc24. Is the CQB upper kit a 10.4" barrel HK416A4 upper with the vented gas block? Generally how high is the cyclic rate when the CQB upper is run with the NT4 suppressor using the issued ammo?

User Tag List