Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What Dead Cartridge Would You Revive?

Site Supporter
    .224 boz because the market needs another centerfire .22 with .22mag ballistics.

The 6mm Knights armament in their 7/8 size AR was pretty cool.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    221 Fireball
    I'm with you, but only so I can get brass to form for my .17 Mach IV.

Make .30 Herrett great again!
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    9x18mm Ultra.

.351 Winchester and .401 Winchester.

Revive the Model 1907 and 1910 market, plus a .351 WSL with a longer bullet would fit nicely in a STANAG mag…

Basically I want a .357 Maximum AR with a smaller rim for better feeding. .351 rims are like 0.015” smaller than a 6.5 SPC rims and could probably use the same bolt.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I may have to post a picture of my HS Precision .25-06, that I had built up for Keneyathlon competition.
    Love to see this. 25-06 is one of the few cartridges that hasn't vanished around here.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Love to see this. 25-06 is one of the few cartridges that hasn't vanished around here.

Okie John
    With my gimpy shoulder, I wanted something a bit more gentle to shoot than 30-06 in my 1903. I recalled an old friend in Flag that said he had rebarreled a 1903 to 25-06, then a couple years later to 270. I called, he still had the 25-06 barrel laying around after 40 or 50 years, low miles, and free. I got it installed, then started looking for ammo to get started. Walmart had some, $26/box,, a bit high for that time, but I had a couple boxes.....

....In another walmart in another time and place, wandering through checking out the ammo case,...25-06 on clearance, $5/box. I bought all 10. I think Im set on 25-06 brass.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    .351 Winchester and .401 Winchester.

Revive the Model 1907 and 1910 market....
    I could probably get behind a 351 model 1907. It would be nice if some affordable magazines existed also, 5s and 10s.

Id also like to see 221 make a resurgence, Id love to have one of the remington pistols so chambered. I recall a guy mentioning some crazy small groups @ 300 yards with an XP100. Prairie dog accurate @300 yards in a pistol sounds like a blast.
    Last edited by Malamute; 08-09-2021 at 07:08 PM.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    .577/450 so I could buy a Martini and actually shoot it.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

.30 Remington. So I could put a few rounds through my granddad's pump action Model 14.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    All for nostalgia, sentimental reasons:

10 Gauge

9X23 Winchester ( or start loading 38 Super to its full potential)

218 Bee

221 Fireball

22 Hornet
    My grandpa liked the small centerfire 22s. I have a Sako action Fireball that he stocked. I remember him saying he had his gunsmith install a barrel to look like a Winchester, I think modeled after the Featherweight. Grandma gave it to me after he passed. I’ve shot a lot of prairie dogs with it. He also had a Ruger No. 3 in 22 Hornet he had restyled to look more like a No. 1. Unfortunately he sold it before I was aware he was doing so.

I bought a new 16 gauge H&R Topper about 83 or 84. I’d like to stumble across an 1100 or maybe an 870 in 16 gauge. I occasionally still see shells on store shelves.

User Tag List