Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What Dead Cartridge Would You Revive?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

What Dead Cartridge Would You Revive?

A few mentions of the .41 Action Express in the 1911 carry thread has me wondering: What cartridge would you bring back into production (or a wildcat that never made it) and why?

I'll take a 686 or GP,100 in .41 Special. I think it'd be about perfect for a somewhat concealable revolver.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

My suggestions would be .40 S&W, .45 acp and .308.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

.476 Eley because it won the Thompson/Lagarde tests and hence is the best cartridge out there for defense.

257 Roberts.

Always liked the name.

My wife just purchased an antique book on big game hunting just because it looks cool and she wanted it as a decoration. Turns out the author is the inventor of the 257 Roberts.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My suggestions would be .40 S&W, .45 acp and .308.
    308? I demand satisfaction good sir.

I came here to make the same joke about 45 acp. I’m a little sad you beat me to it.

.405 Winchester, because Teddy liked it.

The .45acp isn't obsolete. It's only declined in popularity due to the pussification of America. Increasingly effete Americans have gravitated towards the petite .380 long rifle because they can't handle what Jesus shoots.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    .405 Winchester, because Teddy liked it.

The .45acp isn't obsolete. It's only declined in popularity due to the pussification of America. Increasingly effete Americans have gravitated towards the petite .380 long rifle because they can't handle what Jesus shoots.
    Hard to argue with that. People are even putting comps on 380 long rifles now and there’s that enigma for carrying in a dress or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    ....41 Special. I think it'd be about perfect for a somewhat concealable revolver.
    This one for both a great set on five and six-shot carry guns plus utility as a field cartridge. Shouldn't be much more destructive than 38 special on small game and should absolutely do the job on whitetail and such.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Hard to argue with that. People are even putting comps on 380 long rifles now and there’s that enigma for carrying in a dress or whatever.
    Hey, now. Dresses actually help break up my pistol's outline better than the skinny jeans I used to wear.

The .25 Stevens or a similar .32 offering.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List