Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any interest in a short reach trigger for the Beretta PX4?

Any interest in a short reach trigger for the Beretta PX4?

Small hand gang here, recently been wondering why there hasn't been a short reach trigger for the PX4 like there has for the 92 series guns. Trigger reach is probably the only reason I haven't switched over to the PX4 yet.

Paging @WilsonCombatRep @e_stern @LangdonTactical

Backstrap

Quote Originally Posted by queenofcalifornia View Post
    Small hand gang here, recently been wondering why there hasn't been a short reach trigger for the PX4 like there has for the 92 series guns. Trigger reach is probably the only reason I haven't switched over to the PX4 yet.

Paging @WilsonCombatRep @e_stern @LangdonTactical
    Your question is a good one. While we await some answers, have you ever tried the smallest backstrap on a PX4 Storm? It makes for a very short trigger reach.

Bingo, what PX4 Storm Tracker said.
    Can't change backstraps on a 92. They haven't figured out how to make a decent metal trigger for the PX4.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    I would appreciate a short reach trigger being available. It's not a deal breaker now, but definitely another option would be helpful. I didn't find any difference in reach between using the M and S backstraps.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Had a px4 compact once, loved the buttery smooth action and the fact that it wouldn’t rub me raw when carried agains skin like certain other guns have…..that double action trigger reach killed it for me though……my stubby finger just couldn’t cope over extended range sessions…….I actually did some research on if there was any way to shorten the DA reach but didn’t find anything…..ended up selling it…

Site Supporter
    I have small hands and I never found the PX4’s DA reach to be troublesome. I do find that it has some overtravel; the sights bounce and I throw my DA shots slightly right.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I have small hands and I never found the PX4’s DA reach to be troublesome. I do find that it has some overtravel; the sights bounce and I throw my DA shots slightly right.
    I think the issue is most palpable to people with not just small hands but short fingers.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

I always wanted a steel trigger for the PX4 with the same shape as the 92s. I think that would shorten the reach a tiny bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    I always wanted a steel trigger for the PX4 with the same shape as the 92s. I think that would shorten the reach a tiny bit.
    I'd be in for a few. Even if it wasn't steel.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    YWhile we await some answers, have you ever tried the smallest backstrap on a PX4 Storm? It makes for a very short trigger reach.
    I wouldn't call it very short, more like similar to other TDA pistols. I use size small Mechanics gloves and I can shoot the PX4 just fine with either a medium or small grip insert (never tried the large one, since no need), but I do have an "H grip" on the gun.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

User Tag List