Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The "Suited Shootist" Got Made at Work

I had a long diatribe written about it but here’s the short form.

He’s completely right and being far more intellectually factual and honest than almost anyone else in the industry. A few of us having been saying this for over a decade but we’re considered iconoclasts howling at the moon.

The video is very long but owning up to making a major mistake that’s entirely your fault is incredibly painful. Getting fired because of your own fuckup is traumatic. Ask me how I know this. When you have a family, it’s even worse. I give him credit for doing that just like I give Tex Grebner credit for posting the video about how he shot himself.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

Agree. The delivery is a bit overwrought but it's a good message. Do not talk about what you do or what you believe outside of your people.

Every conversation you have with a regime informant is potentially the mostly costly interaction you will ever have.

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Every conversation you have with a regime informant is potentially the mostly costly interaction you will ever have.
    Not the first time in human history that's been true and won't be the last. Current times are eerily reminiscent of some unpleasant aspects of the 20th Century. But don't worry, "it can't happen here."
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Agree. The delivery is a bit overwrought but it's a good message. Do not talk about what you do or what you believe outside of your people.

See I vacillate between this and "we need to get more people interested in shooting and training to defend themselves"

I'm still not sure which one I land on mostly, but I figure if my coworkers ask about gun stuff or say out loud "I want to go shooting sometime" I will define it more as a social event and reply with something like "Dude yes we should totally go!"

Note, I don't do this with coworkers I wouldn't ordinarily hang out with. You need to have a rapport if you want to produce an asset.

Yes, regime informants are out there, but it's not exactly James Bond or The Wire level counter-intel work to turn a work buddy that you have beers with sometimes, into a buddy you go shooting with sometimes. You just gotta hope you can win at playing the long game and he/she will want to buy their own gun and stop bumming your ammo

Just realize that yeah if you work at an NPE, you're gonna be known as the "gun guy" by at least some folks. You should reconsider A.) Carrying at work B.) Working at a stupid Job or C.) Having an ironclad means of concealment that can withstand an active search for a weapon

Note, I am not recommending you break the law. The suited shootist could have very easily had worse consequences if there were legal repercussions.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

User Tag List