Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Using the Milwaukee Packout system for gun stuff?

Using the Milwaukee Packout system for gun stuff?

Has anyone here done this? I'm starting off with the 8426 rolling tool box and looking to build up on it. I'm thinking 48-22-8422 boxes dedicated to each caliber/platform maybe. Thoughts?

#RESIST

I've got the RIGID system like this that I load up for gun classes. It breaks apart in a way that it fits on a tailgate perfectly for outdoor classes, or rolls into the classroom or onto the range as a mobile work station.

There are also companies that pre-make foam inserts for gun stuff for them - I forget the link, but a friend was showing me at a match.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I literally just saw this exact system demonstrated as a replacement for the traditional shooting cart at Camp Perry last weekend. Dude loves and swears by it; I'm probably going to follow his lead when I find a GoRuck pack insufficient.

Another consideration (specific to the Packout system) - he purchased additional feet to mate with the Packout interface on the top and attached them to a hard-sided rifle case. The ability to attach your own equipment/customization (e.g. rifle case, an ammo can or two, or an MTM tray) is a pretty big plus for me. I'm not sure if the Ridgid or Dewalt rigs have that ability. I looked quickly when I was in Home Depot last week and it didn't *appear* to (I haven't looked into it that closely).
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

I set up one of the Rigid brand boxes as a go kit and lock box for road trips. Once I get another dedicated range buggy (Small hatchback SUV or similar,) I'll go back to loading up the MTM Ammo Crates in the trunk with all my ancillary range gear.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Ima gonna do it. I’ll get two of the ammo cans this weekend at Home Depot, my base should be here next week.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Check out https://kaizeninserts.com/ for custom foam inserts that you can cut out and use with the packout. I use them for my tools, reloading equipment, and was heading to guns when the packout system (two drawer units) became scarce.

Yep, like mine. Tough and rain/dust tight.

Cat

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Yes, I’ve got a bunch of Packouts, and Stanleys. In fact one is full of Glock and AR field repair parts, I just keep it in the truck.It’s a very good system for both gun parts, and your actual work tools, bits and fasteners.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Has anyone here done this? I'm starting off with the 8426 rolling tool box and looking to build up on it. I'm thinking 48-22-8422 boxes dedicated to each caliber/platform maybe. Thoughts?

Can you hold off until my Milwaukee stock purchase goes through?😁

I'm looking at doing something like this. I want one case for each pistol, magazines and targets so I can grab the one(s) I want and go to the range. Been trying to find the perfect cases, packouts look a little too big but many other cases are too small and don't stack.

User Tag List