Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Using the Milwaukee Packout system for gun stuff?

Site Supporter

Milwaukee Packout Feedback

We have a 2-man crew from SLC in town doing some electrical work. One of the guys is using the Rigid boxes and the other is using the Milwaukee Packout system. The guy with the Milwaukee system has been using it hard for over a year with no issues. He's drug it through snow, in and out of the work van, up stairs, etc. He absolutely loves it. I plan to do some price checking!

Acme Tools has packout drawer sets with the dolly discounted $113 down to $299 with free shipping for Black Friday.
    https://www.acmetools.com/milwaukee-...802002507.html

Today 12/26 only.

Here is the rig I did for three gun. With the group I hang with you would be shunned for showing up with a purpose built gun cart. The basis of this is the cheapest hand truck Harbor Freight has. The club I do this at is pretty large, and depending on where you park and what bay you shoot your last stage at, I am pretty sure you could end up dragging this a mile on a given day. Or at least it feels like a mile, uphill, both ways. Sometimes it actually IS snowing... So the bigger tires are a consideration. Another consideration is that it can be bulky. It fits in the hatchback car easily with the seat down, but my first version wouldn't fit under the tonneau cover in the truck (that is why the little bracket is not fully supporting the MTM box.

Anyway, if I had seen this before I built up mine the cheap hand truck might be an alternative to the Milwaukee bass system. Maybe attach one of the units to the hand truck and build from there.

Name:  Cart.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  29.5 KB

As usual Vince rambles on (1.25x and 1.X are your friend with this guy) but there’s a lot of details about the hand truck here. The long tool storage on the back looks interesting from a 3-gun perspective if you could get an AR and shotgun in there.

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter

Santa's mistake

Santa mistakenly had me on the "good list" this Christmas. Some of my very early impressions:

1. This is quality gear. As a "Dewalt guy", I'm very impressed.

2. The Packout is the AR-15 of rolling toolboxes. The modularity is incredible.

3. The new drawer systems will be great for quick and easy access. Those will be my next purchase.

Name:  20211219_192637.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  33.2 KB

Someone may have already posted about this, but Ryobi has their own version too, presumably at a lower cost.

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Saw this today. Made me think of this thread…

I’m doing some in service training tomorrow. I’ll try to remember to get some pics of my three layer Packout system.

I just bought this. Worked out very well at it's first match.

Kobalt-CaseStack-Rolling-Tool-Box

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Has anyone here done this? I'm starting off with the 8426 rolling tool box and looking to build up on it. I'm thinking 48-22-8422 boxes dedicated to each caliber/platform maybe. Thoughts?

I use one at USPSA matches. Love the system, easy to roll around while at the range. This is better than some of the other types because the wheels are better.

User Tag List