Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LTT is Teasin somethin new on Instagram!!

LTT is Teasin somethin new on Instagram!!

Ernest, how bout a hint to your tried and true? It looks like a Hellcat frame with an orange HB trigger? Maybe a Beretta micro? Looks like a striker design. Can’t wait to see what pops.

My guess is a trigger job for the APX Carry.

Probably the same stuff the other plastic fantastics get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id be curious to know what round count langdon has on the hellcat. The few I've observed didn't exactly set the bar for reliability

I must admit I’m rather shocked to see this of all the guns but I’m curious to hear EL’s thoughts on the gun overall.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Ernest will throw you a curveball now and again. He was championing the PX4 before it was cool even though our conventional wisdom was that it was a terrible gun. It wasn't. He was right.

I'm inclined to believe him on the Hellcat, too. With one proviso: In the video he mentions the size of some of the other guns and he's right about that for larger mammals. Ernest is like 6'3" or something, so he's considerably bigger than most people. I'm sure the Hellcat's grip works a lot better for him than the much smaller Sig P365. I see a lot of big dudes packing those tiny guns and struggling mightily with them because it simply wasn't made to fit their hands.

If the Hellcat is proving to be durable and reliable, it's a better option for those folks.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Ernest will throw you a curveball now and again. He was championing the PX4 before it was cool even though our conventional wisdom was that it was a terrible gun. It wasn't. He was right.

I'm inclined to believe him on the Hellcat, too. With one proviso: In the video he mentions the size of some of the other guns and he's right about that for larger mammals. Ernest is like 6'3" or something, so he's considerably bigger than most people. I'm sure the Hellcat's grip works a lot better for him than the much smaller Sig P365. I see a lot of big dudes packing those tiny guns and struggling mightily with them because it simply wasn't made to fit their hands.

If the Hellcat is proving to be durable and reliable, it's a better option for those folks.
    I figured the P365 X/XL was the answer for those who found the P365 to be too small (myself being one of those individuals). Having shot a Hellcat and P365X side by side, I found the Hellcat to have a bit sharper recoil and preferred how the P365 shot for me. Nevertheless, given EL's track record of bringing up guns that have been found lacking before, I'm intrigued with the offering.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I think it would be really cool if LTT would work to create an SCD or SCD-like device for the Hellcat. I think this would go over well with the TDA aficionados that are typically buying LTT 92's, as well as make this the first gun in this size/capacity class that would appeal to that group.

I'll be the first to eat my hat (of sorts)... I won a Springfield XDE at USPSA Nationals a few years back.

When Ernest came out with the news that he was going to do work on it, I rolled my eyes pretty hard.

Then I looked at the gun and thought about it... It is a decent shooting, flat, hammer fired polymer 9mm. It filled a niche (at least a few years ago) when many of use were searching for a hammer-fired slim 9mm's.
    (That was perhaps before the P365 existed...)

I still have it. I never did send it out to Ernest to have it worked on, but I haven't gotten rid of it...

User Tag List