Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rhodesian Bush War history + A Good Bottle Of Holy Water = S&W MP10

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    The SIG-Sauer 716i Tread is of interest to me as well; I've been pretty impressed with my M400 Tread; any one else have any feedback?

Best, Jon
    Have not shot one. But have looked at a few battle rifles lately. The Sig was very impressive. Lightweight. Good furniture.Well put together. Good profile Barrel. Only thing I wish it had was a adjustable gas block. But other than that for the price I was blown away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419892281.910697.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  13.7 KB

My Belgian Defense Team back in the day. I still have the DSA58. Talon’s waiting for me across the bridge.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

The MP-10 requires full power commercial 308 to function correctly.

Extractor springs are weak.

If I recall, it comes with carbine weight buffer. It could use an H2.

Shooting it with the M4 style buttstock is painful.

The factory gas block and muzzle devices are boat anchors.

Use a DPMS low style free float tube. Carbon fiber tubes handle the heat better.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

PS- The metal factory mags won’t work unless you modify them with extreme prejudice using a big hammer and buy MagPul replacements.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    One early change I did was to put an MOE buttstock on it with a limbsaver pad. I see that they now have Magpul SL pads.

https://limbsaver.com/collections/al...ock-recoil-pad

I used to have a scope on mine, but right now it has Daniel Defense irons.

Name:  Point Blur_Feb132021_231835.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  105.4 KB FAL is the way to go

Site Supporter
    AR 10 type is on my short list as well. Had a school shooting here the third day of school last week. Governor starts banging her gums about "weapons of war". If she gets legislation moving I see a few lowers moving into the safe for future projects. 6.5CM, or .308 for me, .300BO for each of the kiddos.

pat

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_0272.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  100.9 KB

Mine originally had the boat anchor muzzle device. After a couple years, I took it off and put an A2 style flash hider on it, and I noticed much more recoil and muzzle rise.

After a few years of that, I recently put a Wilson Combat Q-combat muzzle brake on it. I like the way it shoots. I haven't put a ton of rounds through it, but I did get it pretty well sighted in at 100 yards. Which is definitely a meditative eye exercise, with iron sights, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    The SIG-Sauer 716i Tread is of interest to me as well; I've been pretty impressed with my M400 Tread; any one else have any feedback?

Best, Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Have not shot one. But have looked at a few battle rifles lately. The Sig was very impressive. Lightweight. Good furniture.Well put together. Good profile Barrel. Only thing I wish it had was a adjustable gas block. But other than that for the price I was blown away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drunk bought this 716i a while back. I haven't been able to shoot it beyond a function check before I took the rattle cans to it, and sourced the elcan. I echo what Trukinjp13 said. Seems well put together.

I did make a couple of minor tweaks. The stock trigger is a very average single stage, so I added a LaRue MBT-2S. the rifle ships with a Magpul SL-K stock, I didn't care for it on this rifle, so I swapped it out for the slightly bigger SL-S model. The factory safety selector is perfectly useable as-is, but I had a spare Badger FDE one laying around, so after I painted the rifle, I put the Badger short throw selector in.

Last edited by Dr_Nimslow; 09-19-2021 at 06:47 PM.

I put a few rounds through an older 716 yesterday. It felt way harsher than my OLD Noveske N6, if my memory serves me well

User Tag List