Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dem lawmakers to announce bill limiting online ammo sales

Dem lawmakers to announce bill limiting online ammo sales

HERE

and

HERE

If you haven't done so, contact your Reps and Senators.

I am so very shocked.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

So if every six days I buy 999 rounds, I'd be good right? I mean that's lame because buying 10k and just being done with it for a while is much easier.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Then you'll all learn what it's like to live in Alaska where ammo can't be shipped. Hahahaha!!! (evil laugh).
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

*facepalm* Can we expel NY and NJ as states already?

I wonder if having a C&R FFL counts as being "licensed"?

Ordering more ammo out of spite.

Have any reports revealed how many rounds he fired, or how much ammo he had on his person? It would make an interesting counterpoint in this discussion.

I fail to see how having extra ammo at home affects, in any way, the outcome or planning of any sort of active shooter event.

The timeline on these events is based on the amount of time it takes for the shooter to be incapacitated or surrender, not on how long it takes him to run out of ammo.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Have any reports revealed how many rounds he fired, or how much ammo he had on his person? It would make an interesting counterpoint in this discussion.

I fail to see how having extra ammo at home affects, in any way, the outcome or planning of any sort of active shooter event.

The timeline on these events is based on the amount of time it takes for the shooter to be incapacitated or surrender, not on how long it takes him to run out of ammo.
    Facts and logic matter not when you have a political axe to grind.

"No sportsman needs 100 rounds to shoot a duck"

They have obviously never been duck hunting with me.

I usually stay out of political discussions, but then I read an article about Kim Rhode and how much ammo she shot in practice to hit 99 out of 100 birds at the highest level of competition and felt motivated to post this on Facebook.

"Kim Rhode became the first athlete to medal in 5 consecutive Olympics by hitting 99 out of 100 clay targets shooting Skeet. For this feat she did America proud and brought home a Gold medal. She was able to perform at such a high level by shooting at least 500 rounds and as much as 1000 rounds per day. At a low end that’s 130,000 rounds per year if she only shoots 500 rounds 5 days per week and takes weekends off. I mention this because much has been made of the 6,000 rounds purchased by the perpetrator of the atrocity in Aurora CO & how can he need sooooo much ammunition, "it isn't necessary". If you look at this rationally that is not that much ammunition. I have friends that I compete with/against who regularly shoot 20,000 rounds plus of ammo annually in practice and competition. A good portion of which is the same as what was used in CO. When put in perspective 6,000 rounds is a drop in that hat to what serious law abiding citizens shoot pursuing legal enjoyable past times.

It is time to stop taking the easy way out by regulating the law abiding and start addressing the socio economic reasons that cause these kinds of atrocities. Why does Sweden which has a military grade fully automatic rifle with ammo & a pistol as well in every household have a lower rate of violent crime than us? It’s not the guns or ammo folks; it’s the Evil People who will find ways to perpetrate evil."

I just may have to forward this to my representatives.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

User Tag List