Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10,000 round Galil ACE test! (thoughts and ideas wanted)

Nice work so far. A few comments/suggestions:

1. Would be nice to go over the rifle and its features a bit more. Personally I would like to know the OAL folded and unfolded, the weight, and see it field stripped.

2. Why not use the low holosun mount? The holosun rifle optics I have purchased include those in the box, and I think that will get you a much better cheek weld.

3. Please measure the groups when doing group testing, I would like to see the specifics, even if the group is 5".

4. Definitely interested to see how long it can go without cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The ACE 21 is not imported into the US so it’s irrelevant. If it’s even an actual production item.

The ACE N-21, the one which is imported to the US, does not take original Galil mags without custom work and parts from a original Galil kit. It can be done but it is a custom job not a bolt on proposition.
    There are 500 of the ACE 21's with the real galil mag, at least:

https://www.deguns.net/iwi-galil-ace21-556-limited/p
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    There are 500 of the ACE 21's with the real galil mag, at least:

https://www.deguns.net/iwi-galil-ace21-556-limited/p
    Explains why IWI suddenly started selling new Galil mags.

Of course, I am an idiot and I bought one of the new Galil's with Rock n' Lock mags. One of these days I will shoot a few groups.

Explains why IWI suddenly started selling new Galil mags.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Nice work so far. A few comments/suggestions:

1. Would be nice to go over the rifle and its features a bit more. Personally I would like to know the OAL folded and unfolded, the weight, and see it field stripped.

2. Why not use the low holosun mount? The holosun rifle optics I have purchased include those in the box, and I think that will get you a much better cheek weld.

3. Please measure the groups when doing group testing, I would like to see the specifics, even if the group is 5".

4. Definitely interested to see how long it can go without cleaning.
    1. I will do all this in my next video. I am always wondering what the heck I am supposed to talk about next. LOL. So I will get all that data for you.

2. It's too low. Then the BUIS will be useless. I wish HOLOSUN would put a bunch of risers in the box Like Primary Arms.

3. I am putting in a better bench next week so I will do some definitive testing. I will throw up the measurements on the screen as suggested. I did it on my Zastava video but those groups were a crapload less depressing LOL

4. I may just shoot this thing dirty. I do think I should keep oiling it though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Of course, I am an idiot and I bought one of the new Galil's with Rock n' Lock mags. One of these days I will shoot a few groups.
    Could be worse, you could have spent hundreds of dollars on a parts kit and custom work only to have the factory release this.

Hey guys,

I did some followup accuracy testing with bargain ammo ( 5 shot groups at 100 yards). Basically, with some ammo 3 inch groups were standard and Tula was significantly worse. I have had some folks suggested I shoot some "Lapua" ammo but I haven't seen it in years. At some point I need to try the S&B brass cased ammo.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Hey guys,

I did some followup accuracy testing with bargain ammo ( 5 shot groups at 100 yards). Basically, with some ammo 3 inch groups were standard and Tula was significantly worse. I have had some folks suggested I shoot some "Lapua" ammo but I haven't seen it in years. At some point I need to try the S&B brass cased ammo.

Hornady brass case is available and provides best accuracy in my CZ bolt gun.

Hornady brass case is available and provides best accuracy in my CZ bolt gun.
    I will try that next!

User Tag List