Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: PA SLx 1x Prism

I never did update the thread with my mount and lens cover findings.

I used the MI TA33/TA44 ACOG mount I linked above, it works well. I also found two Butler Creek flip-up covers that work so long as you use PA’s ARD, both are eye objective style (without the little thumb lever) - 02A front, 05 rear.

I like this little 3X optic enough that I am very seriously thinking of putting them on two more uppers replacing 1x red dots and magnifiers, my 9” .300 and 11.5” 5.56.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

I like this little 3X optic enough that I am very seriously thinking of putting them on two more uppers replacing 1x red dots and magnifiers, my 9” .300 and 11.5” 5.56.
    Dibs on your Romeo 4Ts

Ordered a green 1x to try. If I like it I’ll probably get a 3x magnifier for it down the road.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Mounted it up and zeroed it this afternoon. I like it so far. A LOT. So has everyone else I’ve showed it to.

Name:  C10C638C-998C-4925-A272-C73186A416EB.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  86.2 KB
    Name:  456CDDCE-521E-45F0-A9B9-2C5A410BEDDA.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  43.9 KB
    Name:  73AD1448-8377-4AC6-8693-B186D2C41C02.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  43.6 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

@Lon PA is really onto something. I've picked up 2 of the 1x, 2 of the 3x, and a 1-8.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    @Lon PA is really onto something. I've picked up 2 of the 1x, 2 of the 3x, and a 1-8.
    Agreed. Are you using the stock mount or a throw lever type mount?
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Name:  21C7906D-DD50-4149-916A-23B1AE189AC2.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  57.3 KB

I agree. I recently mounted mine up and took it out to zero. Eyebox was no factor and the glass is really, really clear. Love the FAST horseshoe reticle for close and the inverted V for distance. The V allowed me to be more precise than with a standard dot. Was able to reliably ring the 10” plates @ 200, and that, with a crunchy AUG trigger.

Planning to order the 3x compact version as a contender for permanent duty on the AUG.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Agreed. Are you using the stock mount or a throw lever type mount?
    Not CCT125US but I’m using MI throw lever ACOG mounts on my three 3x prisms.

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mou...?sku=100018505
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

@Lon stock
    Taking a break from social media.

I'm hoping Steiner will jump on this train and release some really small prism sights. The main reason being that they would put a daylight bright fiber LED dot in it with a crosshair reticle and their superior glass in it. The thing that keeps me away from Vortex and PA prisms is the lack of stadia lines on the etched reticle, that's a non starter for me in a magnified optic. The weight of the current ones keeps me away, I'd rather run an LPVO. The Vortex Razor and PST Gen 2 1-6x have the perfect reticle.

User Tag List