Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: PA SLx 1x Prism

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    (Double post. Cleanup in aisle 5!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGwPSPIhohk
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Preordered the 5x and will run with offset micro dot. It’s replacing a red dot + magnifier that isn’t cutting it for me.

I really do like the SLx 3x scopes, I just wish they had given them dedicated flip-up covers. Has anyone come up with a solution for these? I really dislike bikini or ScopeCoat-type covers for anything other than safe storage.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    I've had the 1x for several months now and really like it. It started out on my 16" SG556, but for now it's on my SBR'd P556...

I haven't been following this thread, just read through it though.

I know it is about the PA SLx, but seems to have also morphed into a magnified prismatic optic discussion.

Years ago I bought a Burris AR332. It worked well at intermediate ranges, but sucked at short ranges. I discovered that if I turned on the power (never did at 100 to 300 yards) and flipped down the front cover it worked great, didn't even know the optic was occluded. It has the Ballistic CQ reticle which is usable on this prismatic scope, unlike on their AR-1X.

It also has mounts for a smaller RDS on top and 90 degrees both sides. Plus the Burris lifetime guarantee.

The reticle worked for me, YMMV. Burris has discontinued them, but the have them on Optics Planet for $189.99 - about half of what I paid almost a decade ago.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-...dot-sight.html

I also have the Burris AR-1X Prismatic (which has also been discontinued but is still for sale online) it has the Ballistic CQ reticle, which IMO is worthless on a 1X. I still have it on a M4 FSB rifle using a Troy Battlesight on the rear with a 1/3 mount for the AR-1X.

I replaced the AR-1X, which had been on my primary training/range rifle, with a Vortex Spitfire. Much better.

Prismatics are the way to go for old guys.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Prismatics are the way to go for old guys.
    My experience is leading me to the same conclusion. I haven’t tried using my 3xes with front cover down, I just did some whittling this morning on one of my Butler Creek front caps and am much happier with the fit. Something to try.
    Ken

I think my pair of SLx 3x scopes have found homes - one on my new 12” Larue upper (Mark cries) and the other on my Ruger American 5.56 Ranch.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    I've had the 1x for several months now and really like it. It started out on my 16" SG556, but for now it's on my SBR'd P556...

#humblebrag 🙃

Nice set-up!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dogcaller View Post
    #humblebrag 🙃

Nice set-up!
    Just a poor man's SG553.

User Tag List