Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: PA SLx 1x Prism

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    How tight is your side brightness adjustment? How about the diopter?
    The adjuster is tight. But once mounted on the rifle and I’ve used it a bunch it seems easier to turn. The diopter seemed to have a even level of resistance. I also have played with a it lot getting the magnifier and it in sync.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I was able to put more rounds down range with it. Very happy with the Midwest mount and it made the pairing with my magnifier that much better. Still very happy with the purchase and the sub 40 degrees did not do anything to affect it. Will know more in another month when it’s freezing.

Actually placed a order for the Glx 2x prism for another setup I’m building. Love the etched reticle and clarity.

Nice to hear! Thanks.

Please let us know about the 2x when you get it.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    The adjuster is tight. But once mounted on the rifle and I’ve used it a bunch it seems easier to turn. The diopter seemed to have a even level of resistance. I also have played with a it lot getting the magnifier and it in sync.

I heard back from PA. I was able to get the diopter cracked loose and smoother but still stiff enough to hold adjustment, and I’m working on the side dial now. I’d rather have these too tight than too loose.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I heard back from PA. I was able to get the diopter cracked loose and smoother but still stiff enough to hold adjustment, and I’m working on the side dial now. I’d rather have these too tight than too loose.
    Yeah, mine seem to have not loosened anymore. I readjusted mine tonight since I pulled the magnifier off.

@Trukinjp13, are you using the magnifier all the time or is it on a flip mount and just used as needed? I’m getting ready to put together another upper and was thinking red dot instead of another LPVO but my eyes really need magnification and my one experience with “dot+magnifier” was pretty ho-hum (which may have been more about my expectations than the equipment).

I’d rather have these too tight than too loose.
    That’s what he said…🥸
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Word is the SLx 3x will be out Q1 2022.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    @Trukinjp13, are you using the magnifier all the time or is it on a flip mount and just used as needed? I’m getting ready to put together another upper and was thinking red dot instead of another LPVO but my eyes really need magnification and my one experience with “dot+magnifier” was pretty ho-hum (which may have been more about my expectations than the equipment).

That’s what he said…🥸
    I am running a triji micro jobber. Flip to the side. I have probably shot half and half, magnifier and not. I really enjoyed using it at 50 yards on my smaller targets. I could easily see the bull in center. But with 1x that ain’t happening. It adds weight and another part. But I like the fact I can take it off and on.

Well. The 2x Glx has arrived. This little guy is solid. It’s a beast to say the least. Initial impressions are pretty damn good.

Glass is clear

Reticle is crisp

Illumination is good

Eye relief is also great

Knobs are better than 1x. Bigger and clearer numbering. Also has spots in between illumination to turn off.

It feels a little more polished than its Chinese made counterpart. Not saying the 1x is bad at all. Just the little things. The size is bigger indeed but weight is not much more.

I like the 2x. It does not seem to blur up close and is fast. But gives you that small edge over the 1x.

Has a good field of view also. Think 44ft at 100 yards maybe. Not as good as the 1x but good for a magnified optic.

.25 moa adjustable and they are capped. I also like that the cap is machined to adjust the dials.

I need to put rounds down range. This will live on a 13.9 I’m putting together. And think that will make a hell of a pairing. Also bought another Midwest mount for this one.

I like the 1x on the 10.5 and the speed/size of it.

Nice. Can you post the weight with the included mount as well as the MI mount? Thanks!
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Nice. Can you post the weight with the included mount as well as the MI mount? Thanks!
    Yes. Will have to be tomorrow night though. Sorry.

User Tag List