Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: PA SLx 1x Prism

The combination of another 12% sale day, a $25 coupon from a prior purchase and the upcoming availability of the green version caused me to order this morning. I had canceled my earlier order for a red one back in August. I’m hoping the PA risers will work on a Bobro QD base, this will be going on my X95.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The combination of another 12% sale day, a $25 coupon from a prior purchase and the upcoming availability of the green version caused me to order this morning. I had canceled my earlier order for a red one back in August. I’m hoping the PA risers will work on a Bobro QD base, this will be going on my X95.
    Let me know on base and your height. Looking at the slr because I’m not too worried on the qd. But would like a solid lightweight base to throw under her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be very curious to see how this optic works versus a typical rifle-centric sealed tube red dot in wide temperature and humidity swings.
    Has anyone used one of the Primary Arms prism scopes in very cold conditions?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

So far initial impressions. The diopter adjustment is awesome. I have a crisp clean reticle. First time I have ever seen that in a 1x. I have some serious astigmatism.

It works in conjunction with triji 3x magnifier as well. Turn illumination off on prism and you get a clean crisp acss reticle. It’s also good with illumination on. But off is precise.

Feels extremely well made. I do not like the mount setup though. I think it’s too busy and heavy. Will indeed be replacing with a SLR most likely.

Hopefully shaking her out this weekend. Along with the fresh build she is riding on.

PA SLx 1x Prism

Range update. The prism is damn nice. I was shooting into direct sunlight and she is plenty bright. Actually dialed it down to bottom level for more precise reticle while zeroing. Glass is clear and eye relief is dot like. Turning off illum. was great as well. Played with the acss on and off also. I like that the bottom dots do not come on. It keeps a clean chevron and hoarse shoe design while illumination is on. But they are still visible and useful for compensation.

Adjustments are positive and audible. It was damn close at 50 yards for my zero as well. Illumination knob is not easy to turn but once mounted I like that it takes direct effort to adjust.

I ordered the Midwest base. I just do not like the multi piece Chinese made base. It stayed tight throughout and never lost zero. I

With the 3x dialed into the sight it was pretty fun making shots at 50 and being able to id hits through the magnifier.

If you are already vested into the dot/holo life. I do not know of many reasons to switch. It’s nice knowing if battery dies or illumination fails I have a perfectly usable etched reticle still. If you have astigmatism and are tired of getting the bloom and non clear reticle. This is a damn fine option.

Short version. It’s damn nice for the price and I hope it holds up.

What have people been using for QD bases on these? I’ll probably just bolt it up using the supplied base for now until I figure what height works best on my X95. Bobro is my usual go-to.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

PA SLx 1x Prism

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    What have people been using for QD bases on these? I’ll probably just bolt it up using the supplied base for now until I figure what height works best on my X95. Bobro is my usual go-to.
    The supplied base will be great for t&e. With all the options you will be able to set your height like you want. It’s kind of a shit show in mini Acog mounts cowitness. High/low etc.

I believe the prism is basically a low mount Acog. I’m hoping this MI mount will give me lower 1/3.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    The supplied base will be great for t&e. With all the options you will be able to set your height like you want. It’s kind of a shit show in mini Acog mounts cowitness. High/low etc.

I believe the prism is basically a low mount Acog. I’m hoping this MI mount will give me lower 1/3.

X95 is a weird height - I need to see what height works best.
    Ken

PA SLx 1x Prism

Did some work on my rig. Changed out the prism mount to the Midwest. The Midwest is nice and I like the one piece aspect. Also it is .1oz lighter [emoji1787]

The Midwest seems to be closer to a 1.7 and now the magnifier lines I’m up better also. Very happy with the improvement.

Partly on topic:
    Looks like Primary Arms has been reading David Yamane's Gun Culture 2.0.

An engaging (young female black) new enthusiast gets a T & E example to do her first Youtube vid. And she *is* engaging & funny, if she's the one who scripted the video.
    She mentions most of the questions folks have about these things, although eye relief does not come up.

"If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List