Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: PA SLx 1x Prism

I've got a few of these and they have been reliable so far. Recently, I noticed the green versions are advertising 45k battery life versus 29k on the red.
    The 1 moa adjustment of the reticle is limiting but for a unitary scope perhaps of little import.
    My apologies to weasels.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    PA sells one of those as well..

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...icro-magnifier

They are also running a 12% off sale.
    I have the ranging reticle version of this magnifier behind an Sig Romeo 5. It's worked well with my astigmatism. The adjustment ring on it allowed me to turn the magnified smudge into a bundle of dots, which basically makes turns it back to a red dot to my special eyes. 1x looks like a normal red dot to me.

The eye relief is close. Almost 4x ACOG close. This isn't a big deal to me because if I'm using the 3x I probably have time to get into a stable shooting position. This is also a 7.5" truck gun, lol.

I have the 1.5x ACOG ACSS and the 4X ACOG ACSS. This magnifier seems to be more similar to the 4x ACOG with how close you need to be. The 1.5x ACOG has eye relief for days.

Overall, would recommend. The PA flip to side mount is very solid and tactile also.
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    This one? I think this is one of the most current models:

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...8-reticle-yard

I have a new LaRue 16” upper coming for an unused lower with a first generation Magpul UBR I found packed away (long story,) and a fixed 3x would be about perfect.
    Yes.

12% off right now on PA. I got mine from Kenzie's optics for $287 shipped.

I have two of the 1x variants, one green and one red. The green is on my 9” 300 BO, it is super easy to make hits at 250 yards on steel. The red is currently homeless as I have a Duty RDS on a Scalarworks getting love on my 11.5.

However…PA sucked me in today with their awesome SOLGW sale and now I have a 14.5” complete upper on the way. Decided to add the 3x to my order because…FREE shipping on my entire order with the purchase of a PA optic.

Now I need two MI or ADM quick mounts so I can rotate between the 1x and 3x.

Feel free to stage an intervention!!

My SLx 3x arrived today. I’m impressed - like others I can see this becoming a standard magnified optic for me. This one is earmarked for a new LaRue upper that will get here at some point. Like @davisj, I need to figure out a QD mount of the correct height, I’m thinking the ADM.

I wish I could find something better than the flimsy bikini cover, though - it’s pretty snug once you mount the killflash.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    I've got a few of these and they have been reliable so far. Recently, I noticed the green versions are advertising 45k battery life versus 29k on the red.
    The 1 moa adjustment of the reticle is limiting but for a unitary scope perhaps of little import.
    I think that’s great for this sort of optic, it’s not a 5-25xFFP scope or anything.
    #RESIST

I have the MI QD mount on the way for the new 3x - let’s see how the height works. Part of the reason I like using Brownells is the easy returns when things don’t work out.

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mou...?sku=100018505
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

are these made in China? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    are these made in China? thanks
    Yes. I’d love to see a Japanese made version at twice the price.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have the MI QD mount on the way for the new 3x - let’s see how the height works. Part of the reason I like using Brownells is the easy returns when things don’t work out.

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mou...?sku=100018505
    My replacement 3x arrived and mounted right up on the MI mount. I’m impressed so far just LARPing around, but need to get some range time in. (The first 3x turned out to be someone’s return, PA immediately exchanged it.)

I’m trying to find flip covers that work. I wish PA would address this shortcoming.
    Ken

User Tag List