Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home Warranty

We have been happy with Fix'd Repair. The two or three other warranty services have been useless. Not sure if AHS was one of them.

We've used it on several occasions. With the exception of two occasions, they've repaired or replaced the items in quick order. They two negative issues (oven and water heater) took a couple months to repair because of staffing issues. Other than that, they've fixed washing machine, recharged AC and fridges and replaced a chest freezer. There are a few other fixes that aren't coming to mind. Problems were resolved within a couple days to a week.

I wouldn't rely on any warranty for time critical repairs. None of our repairs have happened same day. Fix'd did pay us MSRP replacement cost for our old chest freezer, which occurred same day, no questions asked. We used some of the funds to buy a pre-owned one off FB Marketplace. Saved the rest. Otherwise, as RGB said, I don't think we've had any same day repairs.

Occasionally we get an outsourced tech, but typically get in house techs. All have been professional and polite.
    Last edited by David S.; 08-03-2021 at 12:52 PM.
    David S.

My current house came with an HSA warranty. Shortly after we moved in, the refrigerator quit. I called the HSA and ended up using a cooler in my kitchen for about two weeks in July before a tech even came out. Fortunately, he jerry rigged it with a piece of electrical tape, because it was months before the part came in/was installed.

Afterwards I noticed a soft spot in the drywall in my kitchen ceiling. I called them up and they sent a plumber out who told me there was a bad gasket with the facet/tub in an upstairs bathroom and he would order a replacement. They never came back. I called the plumbing company and was told there was no record of being to my house in spite of that I had a ticket the plumber had given me. So I called up HSA and they said they would create a new case and send a different plumbing company. My claim was then promptly denied because I was over the service limit for the issue. I got bounced around arguing the ridiculousness of the entire matter until I got a service representative that spoke such broken English, I decided that it wasn’t worth my time.

So I called a plumber buddy of mine. He took a look at things, noticed that one of other guys had stripped the screws holding the faucet on and also that the cause of the dampness in my ceiling was a pinhole leak in a copper supply line. For the $75 he charged me out of pocket I could have had the issue resolved same day with no hassle. That was the end of me even trying to utilize the warranty.

It’s my belief that realtors must get a kickback for selling the policies. My realtor pressured me to buy one for the house I was selling because it “added great peace of mind for buyers” and also convinced the owners of the house I was purchasing to include one.

We had AHS for years. Was OK when everything was new & you didn't really need it, but gave the wife peace of mind. As soon as we started needing them, not so much. We figured we'd be better off making a major replacement each year than squandering same amount and hoping for them to deal with issues when they arise...

User Tag List