Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom grip makers?

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    G10 materially and grip-wise is superb in my expereince, but be forewarned that it'll likely scratch and/or mar the finish that lies underneath; if the G10 grip covers more landscape than other grips, and you subsequentyly opt to replace the G10s with another grip it can be a bit of an aesthetic spoiler if you're OCD about finish appearance.

Probably a bigger issue with a blued finish than stainless.

Best, Jon
    Thanks, Jon. In this case the Bantams in the OEM rubber and these Bantams in G10 are identical in size and coverage. Plus, the finish on the aluminum frame is not much to write home about so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

I'm very pleased with these grips in that they offer great purchase while allowing the cover garment to move without catching and do not feel like sandpaper against my skin if I'm not wearing a compression shirt under my t-shirt. In fact just back from taking the dog a mile or two and I didn't feel it rub on the abdomen at all.

Money well spent.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I was thinking about this again…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Lately I've been wondering how well 3D printed grips would hold up.
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 358156hp View Post
    They won’t.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

MEC has been making 3d printed grips for issf target rifles for a while.

https://shop.mec-shot.com/mec-grip-4...re=mec_shop_de

There is a gentleman out east who 3 d prints target pistol grips as an option to Rink and Nill
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

Not all 3D printed grips are equal, because not all 3D printed methods are equal. PLA and the various polymers that are laid down as layers pretty much all suck equally. But Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) produces a much better finished and quality product, this is how Hamreforge is making their grips. If you can find someone using that process you'll get s much more durable product.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Not all 3D printed grips are equal, because not all 3D printed methods are equal. PLA and the various polymers that are laid down as layers pretty much all suck equally. But Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) produces a much better finished and quality product, this is how Hamreforge is making their grips. If you can find someone using that process you'll get s much more durable product.
    The SLS grips i’ve had a chance to handle and shoot feel as durable as G10, but with a lighter weight.

User Tag List